18

PROM PT2

It was bothering me

It was bothering me. I wish it didn't but it is. Laying my head on Meeks chest, his hands wrapped around my waist, I should be fine. I keep thinking about after this, he's not going to be here and we'll stop talking as much again. He has his life and now Beacons is my life. Now instead of being happy and in the moment I'm thinking about this and I'm staring at a very upset Stiles across the room. I see Lydia turn to him and they start to bicker again, I pull away from Meeks.
"Sel?" His head dips down to try to catch my gaze.
He squeezes my shoulders and I look up at him. Staying silent because if I said anything I was afraid I would say the wrong thing.
"I love you and I want you to have fun and I want you to be happy." He starts.
We were close so that we could hear each other, the music was always entirely too loud.
"Right now you're not having fun and you're not happy."
I had the worst feeling. My throat was burning and my eyes closed tightly at the feel of tears trying to escape.
"I don't know what's wrong." My voice cracked and I absolutely hated myself the second I felt tears streaming down my face.
His hands softly met my face and he wiped my tears I didn't even want to look up at him. This is Chad Meeks the guy I've always had a crush on the guy I grew up with and younger me would've killed to be here with him. And I love him so much but when even before this moment, this morning I just knew I didn't love him like that. I didn't want him like that.
"Stop crying." He demanded in a manner that made me look up at him.
"You're gonna fix your make up and then you're gonna go to that scrawny white kid over there and ask him to dance." A small smile spreads on his face.
"Selly Sel is not going to have a shitty homecoming. Not on my watch." He shakes his head.
"Go." He turns me around and nudges me.
I finally breathe and walk around people, trying to find my way to the double doors that connected to the main school. It felt like entering a new world when I got into the hall, the lights were dim and the silence filled my ears as the doors shut behind me. I walked straight into the bathrooms that were across the door.
And turned on the sink. I looked up at the mirror and my make up was so messed up, just a small mascara smudge. I hover my hand over the paper towel dispenser. I wet it a bit and wiped the mascara off. I stopped when I heard shuffling in the stalls behind me.
The lights began to flicker a bit which made my heart pump a thousand times faster.
"Hello?" I called out and pushed the first stall door open, nothing. I walk to the second one and it was also empty. The lasts all turned off and back on, the flickering had stopped. I waited while looking up and after a couple seconds, I threw the paper in my hand away and made my way out.

_______

"So Lydia get off your pretty little ass and dance with me." I hear Stiles beg Lydia.
"Don't touch me." She sways him away.
"Please just one dance." He groaned.
I shuffled up beside him and tap on his shoulder. He turns around and his stressed look wiped from his face.
"Hey...." He drags out.
"You're looking for someone to dance with?" My hand stayed on his shoulder.
"Ye-yeah I'm sure Lyds will eventually-"
"No, not ever." She shuts him down.
"Wow anyways, you should like." I breathed in, and he waited for my response, i can see him feel embarrassed about how Lydia was acting.
"Dance with me, maybe possibly." I nervously chuckle.
His head swings back to look at Lydia and she just sighs and lays her head down on the table.
"Fuck it." He shrugs and grabs my hand from his shoulder and drags me over to the dance floor.
He wasn't rough but he definitely pulled me in, tightly wrapping arm around my waist and holy shit. He looked down at me with a big goofy smile.
"Ok question." He says as I focus on my hand in his.
I was spaced out, I was focused on the mole on his neck, and the one on his cheek. I was also thinking about the percentage of people who lose their virginities on homecoming night, but why am I thinking that right? He's right in front of me and im very much trying to distract myself at how much he would enjoy being kissed on his neck, right where his mole laid.
"Sel?" I snapped out of it, looking up at him.
"Yes question right I have answers I have all the answers." I nod.
"What happened to Chad Meeks the great?" He asked, his hand laid my hand on his neck as if he totally noticed me staring at the very spot he laid my hand on.
"He told me to go dance with the guy I've been staring at all night." For this I couldn't make eye contact, I was definitely focusing on my fingers and how they felt on his warm skin.
"Oh was that me?" His eyes widened.
He looked surprised, like I couldn't like him. It clicked right then and there, I ignored all the no's my brain was very rudely yelling in my head.
"I like you and I thought we were like doing something and then Lydia was all like I'll take him he wants me he doesn't want you and I was basically like go ahead because it's you, you're Stiles you would like never do that and then I walked in on you guys and it felt like I got the vibes all wrong from you and Meeks gave me a little alcohol so I should shut up now." I finally finished and he let go of me.
"Holy shit! Come with me." He grabs my hand and leads me out of the gym and into the hallway.
When the door closed behind us, I hugged myself, noticing the shift in coldness since literally no one was in the hallway of the school.
"So Lydia's like running me around the party and suddenly we are upstairs the whole time I'm telling her that I've got a date and-" he stops and takes his suit coat off, placing it over my shoulders.
"And that I've got to go and then she suddenly gets this man strength and fucking slams me onto the bed and she's all like I want you so bad and at first I was like holy shit my 3rd grade self would love this moment but then my little detective eyes scanned her room." He stops and I wait for him to continue.
"And?" I say and he points at me.
"Jackson died, she goes a little crazy she hasn't been doing good in school lately pills are spilled all over her bed side table, empty greasy Pizza Hut box on the floor, empty beer bottles, this is girl is self destructing HARD." He explains.
"She's all like Jackson I miss you so much and everything fits together right then and there. Then you know you came in and we had a very fun chat." He sarcastically said.
"Then I ran back up and she throws up on me and she's still calling me Jackson but I'm over her forcing water down her throat and I tell here hey I'm not Jackson I'm stiles and she's all like what the hell is a Stiles and then throws up again and then passes out so I just lay her on her side take her heels off and go to find you but you were gone." He finishes, I was relieved but the whole time I kept looking between Stiles and the one flickering light above him.
"Yeah I probably should've called my old therapist because she would've helped me had this chat a long ass time ago."
"It's only been two weeks."
"Stiles two weeks is a long ass time without you." I button on of the buttons at the top of the coat to prevent it from sliding off.
"You hear that?" He asks.
"The light flickering?" I question, looking up, the noise of old lights are the worst thing for me I hate the buzz.
"No no." He shakes his head, grabbing my hand before walking down the hall.
As we get closer to the hall with classrooms I get an uneasy feeling, ruffling could be heard, things falling to the ground.
"Maybe we shouldnt- "
I didn't think this would happen this many times, Scott has got to stop. Stiles had kept the door slightly open and we see Scott and Lydia doing way more than the kissing, I had quickly looked away but Stiles took a second longer and closed the door.
"He fucking sucks." he sighs.
"Yeah he's been a real dick." I nod.
We hear a slam at the end of the hall and our heads snap to look in that direction.
"Okay to catch you up because now I'm very paranoid and Scott is not himself." He grabs me and backs us up away from the noise at the end of the hall.
"We agreed to not have you been in this wolf business so we don't tell you anything but there's this guy Derek that we thought turned Scott but he didn't. Then we thought he liked that bus driver in the bus but he didn't." His grip on me tightened, his eyes scanning every corner.
"Derek said that the alpha who turned Scott wants him to join their pack but in order to do that he needs to get rid of his current pack." I was pushed into our chemistry lab room and he closes the door behind him.
"His current pack? Like us?" I grab the teachers desk that Stiles was attempting to move and help him push it against the door.
"Exactly. On a less important note Him and Allison broke up because Allison's dad is a werewolf hunter and tried to kill Scott but let him live because- well because they broke up."