06

DUCT TAPE

It was another day

It was another day. I didn't see Melissa before I went to bed last night and I dissociated the entire day. Scott said we walked to school whenever I asked how we would get home. He had explained again for me that his friend was getting his car 'fixed' but he'd be able to pick us up today.
I woke up and felt way better than yesterday. The light from the window wasn't hurting my eyes and my head was clear and focused.
I showered, I changed into my outfit that is basically the same thing I had on yesterday but a different rendition of it. Jeans, a random cropped long sleeve and white puma shoes. I couldn't be bothered making more of an effort, I wish to only where sweat pants and pjs but I always try to make myself presentable, at least I've been trying to.
"Pop tart?" Scott offered as he pulls his out of the toaster.
"Oddly I'm not hungry like at all. I feel full." I shrugged.
"But thank you." He grabs his water bottle and gestures to the door.
"Stiles should be outside."
"Stiles?" Do not tell me that little idiot is his friend.
"Yeah I've literally been telling you about him for the past three days."
We walk out of the house to a blue jeep with the same guy from chemistry class in the drivers seat.
"I got the duct tape to make the engine work again!" He shouts.
"Duct tape?!" I look at Scott.
"He's joking." He said while opening the door.
"No I am not." Stiles shakes his head.
"Im sorry I didn't get your name yesterday, what-"
"Selena" I answer.
Scott pulls the front seat forward and helps me crawl over to get into the back seat.
He put its back into place and hops in.
"What happened yesterday? You guys met?" Scott questioned as the car left the driveway.
"She's in my Chem class. And other classes but she seems off so I didn't want to bother her."
I put my head phones in and blasted music. I needed it to charge my battery for the day. I might feel better than yesterday but I feel empty and every time I get the urge to call my dad another wave of pain hits. I drown out any possible thought from entering with my favorite Hotel Ugly songs.
There were times on the way where the boys would glance at me, I assume they where talking to me - well I know they were but I kept my mouth shut and looked at the street as we drove. The school was right down the street of Scott's neighborhood. So we were there within eight minutes.
The seat slid forward, I crawled out and then grabbed my bag from the seat. I lowered the volume of headphones drastically.
"Selena do you want Stiles taking you home after school or do you want to go to lacrosse practice with us?"
I'm honestly not liking the idea of being alone at the house. It feels so empty and Melissa works as a nurse for like fourteen hours a day.
"Nah I'll watch you guys practice."
The boys walked on either side of me, perhaps to keep me in the conversation as we walked towards the school.
"Scott has a girlfriend he hasn't seen in like forever so I'm gonna force him to go see her and I'll take you to your classes today ok?" Stiles glanced at me.
"Sure." I nod.
"Stiles I said it's fine I already told her everything she completely understands." Scott stops at a locker in the hall and opens it.
"If I had a girlfriend I'd know she's being supportive but really fucking missed you. It's been a whole ass week Scott. Go see her."
"Exactly!" Stiles nudges me in excitement for agreeing with him.
"If you had a girlfriend I'd like to hear about it." Scott pointed at me before placing his bag in the locker and grabbing his books.
"I have only been in one relationship." I shrugged.
"I was fourteen so it wasn't that serious." I like to dump some info so Scott feels like he is knowing more about me but really I'm just saying stuff so later I won't have to say more than I already have.
"I've never been in one so we get to hate on Scott." He laughs.
"What's her name?" I asked.
"Allison! She's super fucking cool." Scott immediately lights up talking about her.
"She shoots fucking arrows." Stiles adds.
"Yeah and she wants to come with us tonight Stiles."
"To the woods?" He seemed surprised.
"Yeah I told her what we talked about."
"Why are you guys going into the woods? Didn't someone just die?"
Scott and Stiles glance at each other before beginning to walk down the hall, I follow behind.
"My dads the sheriff and i definitely was being nosy and heard that Jackson's death was super fucking weird." Stiles explains.
"So we are going to the site and see if we find anything." Scott finished.
"Can I go?" I ask.
Silence fell and I see their hesitant glances.
"Let me get this straight, You want to see where someone was murdered?" Stiles asked.
"Yeah, I actually want to be in forensics so..."