Chapter 37

[ Park Moondae's POV ]

================================
[ 5th place Idol Inc. Cho Seungmin's victim steps forward ]
: Hello everyone. Recently, I  watched the first episode of Idol Inc. and saw a familiar face. I couldn't bear to watch any more of it, but now even the internet is full of him. I decided to take matters into my own hands. I can't believe someone like him is lying to everyone.

I am a victim of Cho Seungmin's bullying.

For two years, I had to pay for his meals, act as his chair, do his homework, and become his punching bag.

I became so ashamed that I secluded myself from the outside world until recently. I finally built the courage to access the internet, but now it's become like this...(more)
================================

- Heol, both Seungmin and Sejin at once...what is going on

- I knew it. I fucking knew it

- Eyes don't lie. His eyes look like a fucking psycho's

- I know his nineteen, but to brag about his drinking to such an extent...

The article started brutally. It was on par with the article on Keun Sejin in terms of making me believe in it with how detailed it was. Others seemed to think the same. There were over 600 comments.

It attached a photo of Seungmin holding an alcohol bottle in his hand and another blurry photo of him inside a wrestling ring.

This article concluded differently from Sejin's article, asking for Seungmin to apologize.

And now that Sejin's situation was being dealt with, everyone turned their attention to the black-haired boy.

"...Seungmin," I said in the silence, "is your photo also photoshopped?"

"The alcohol is. I do box, and I have been to that ring, so the second one should be real."

[ Name: Cho Seungmin ]
Vocal: ? (Rapping: ?)
Dance: ?
Visual: ?
Charm: ?
Characteristics: On the spot!
!Status abnormality: Sealed truths & Debut or die!
Animosity progress: 6%

He wasn't upset again.

"If such a huge scandal doesn't anger him, what caused it to spike all the way to 70%?" I thought, dumbfounded.

"S-seungmin, do you a-also have the original photo?" Ahyun asked expectantly.

Seungmin shook his head.

"It's an article posted because people have been saying I look like a bully," Seungmin mumbled, setting his glasses on the table. "I'll just wait."

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Seungmin, you can't just wait."

"Moondae hyung, are you worried?"

His eyes were looking straight into mine, and he had an unusually solemn look on his face.

"I...bullying scandals are hard to get rid of, and they leave a lasting impression if dealt with wrong."

"Not the mention, our stage will be ruined, we might not debut, and then we'll both die."

He seemed to take my words into consideration.

"The entertainment world is really finicky," he expressed. "Don't worry, Moondae hyung. I have some good friends."

Assuming he was talking about school friends who could act as an alibi, I nodded my head. I didn't necessarily trust the situation, but the calm confidence of his words made me think it was alright to move on.