Chapter 65

a/n: this part of the novel is told in 3rd person, so there isn't a lot of details about how Moondae felt or how the stage actually looked...oh well

also, i realized that i got ages wrong. i said in chapter 35 that min is only 3 months younger than eugene, but that wouldn't really make sense since he would need to be 18 then in the storyline but i said he's 19. so...I'm going to change that! min will be half a year older (September baby), so he would be freshly 19 by the time idol inc starts

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

[ Park Moondae's POV ]

It was finally June 18th, the day the MV for 'Magical Boy' was released.

It was also the day of our debut showcase.

Our schedule was so hectic that I didn't even have time to look at my phone and monitor. Cha Eugene's half-dreaming nonsense was just proof of how busy we were.

"Hmm...? Your hair's done?"

"My hair was done a while ago," I muttered back. "We're in the car right now."

"Oh..."

I sighed and tried to get some sleep. Beside me, Seungmin was staring blankly at the road. I really had yet to see him sleeping when all of us were moving together, which was practically 9/10th of the day.

"His insomnia must be really bad," I thought, recalling what his cousin told me.

I checked his status page time to time to be sure that he wasn't upset, but I didn't have time to worry about him.

Since last night, we'd been moving around, filming, getting make-up on, interviewing... None of us were able to sleep properly for about a month. It wasn't surprising that some people were confused about who and where they were.

"I-it's the showcase now, right?"

Seon Ahyun took a deep breath when the manager confirmed his words.

"What we've been preparing this month...let's show them everything. Practice won't betray you," Ryu Chungwoo smiled.

The members that were still awake responded moderately to his words.

The rest of the ride was a blur, and I found myself on the stage not long after.

The very front rows of the audience consisted of reporters with high expectations. They were eagerly taking pictures of us and writing articles on the dot.

Behind them, there were the shareholders. The shapes and colors of their banners and lights were different because the official light stick had yet to be released, but the excitement was still there.

I could hear them even as the opening to <Hi-five> began.

Wearing the same baseball uniforms from the music video, we performed a well-synchronized dance on the stage.

"My feet are moving, like zooming in to you..."

There were lots of jumping movements to match the song's tempo. We also included a lot of ad-libs.

I played rock-paper-scissors with Keun Sejin during one verse with a smile. Beside me, Seungmin did a handshake with Cha Eugene. For some reason, the younger one was adamant about creating a cool handshake they could use outside the stage, so he spent quite a lot of time on it outside of practice.

Anyway, the cheers of the fans reassured me that we did well.

Eventually, we went backstage after the song to frantically change our clothes.