Chapter 60 : Eyes

Chapter 60 : Eyes

Fear is an athlete's worst enemy.

Fear of losing, fear of failure, fear of being criticized, making mistakes, getting injured, or losing paralyze athletes.

Fear is a normal emotion. We're all only human; it's not about losing fear but controlling it. Once you can do that, your play will be calm, considered, and decision-making will become more refined.

What do you do to overcome theses fears? such as "Don't be afraid." or "relax," is too simplistic and doesn't help most athletes. When you are tight or afraid to make mistakes, for example, you can't let it happen and get into the flow of the game. You judge your game and think too much about outcomes.

Volleyball can be an exhilarating sport, but it can also be intimidating to some players. Hesitating during a game can lead to missed opportunities and can potentially cost the team the match.

However, there is no need to fear, as there are many ways for players to overcome their hesitations and become confident volleyball players.

Players will be able to play their best and make the most of their game, without the fear of hesitating.

If you want to gain confidence in volleyball, the key is to practice, practice, and practice some more. Start small and work your way up. Start with basic drills and slowly increase the difficulty of what you're doing. As you become more comfortable with the fundamentals, begin to focus on more advanced techniques and strategies. Focus on improving your technique and playing the game with more confidence.

There is plenty to be afraid of on the court, and plenty more can go wrong. But overthinking those will inevitably cause a player to do them, which is why it's extremely important to channel fear.

For negatively motivated athletes, the primary goal is to avoid failure. A preoccupation with avoiding failure is emotionally draining for athletes. Any time there is fear, there is over-anxiousness, which contributes to poor performance.

Fear of failure is caused by a number of factors. It can stem from inappropriate use of rewards by a coach or if the athlete has acquired a habit of deriving his or her self worth from winning or losing. Fear of failure can also result from never having failed. Some gifted athletes have succeeded all their lives and are ill-prepared for a new level of competition (college or pro) where losing is a real possibility.

Fear of failure is a source of stress or anxiety that undermines peak performance. Fear of failure is also common among athletes who are perfectionists, and for those who are highly motivated to compete at the highest level (this is why it is a particular problem for Type-A endurance athletes).

Also, make sure to watch and learn from more experienced players. Learning from their mistakes and successes can help you gain a better understanding of the game and help boost your confidence.

Finally, don't be afraid to ask for help. Talking to your teammates, coaches, and even opponents can help you gain the insight and advice you need to become a better player.

.
.

Lahat naman ng mga players ng volleyball at ng iba pang sports may sari-sarili at ibat-ibang klase ng kinakatakutan pagdating sa paglalaro. Even me, I have fears... pero wala sa mga nabanggit kanina ang takot na iyon.

Fear of losing?? fear of failure?? making mistakes?? criticized?? getting injured?? etc. I'm not afraid of any of these. Dahil normal na pakiramdam at mararanasan talaga yan ng isang manlalaro pagdating sa pakikipaglaban, manalo man o matalo. Ang hindi normal ay kung hahayaan mo lang ang kinakatakutan mo na lamunin ka nito sa paglalaro.