10.A DAY WITH TRIBALS

GAURAV'S POV:

Hearing Orphan from Her mouth Tears roll down from my eyes. I remember the day when I read her diary. She wrote in a page that,

Hey Lily,

Happy birthday to myself I'm 18 yrs now. It's been 10 years me holding this secret let me share you this today. I was a orphan. I still remember seeing my dad on hospital bed. He is cancer patient. My father's family is orthodox, they never wanted my mom to work. I heard that mom is a doctor. My dad was helpless then. Though it's a love marriage he didn't stood by her. For which he regrets everyday. She's so strong and dashing she stood for herself and left dad and me. I am proud of her for not leaving her passion. Dad said I look like my Mom . I inherited her pretty eyes. He wished me to be a Brave doctor like her. I saw many nights my dad crying looking at the stars. There was no photo of her in our home. Unlucky me neither saw her nor know her name. When my dad had his last words , he was about to say me her name but ended up saying 'V' and left me alone on this world. Just before 2 months of my dad passing away, all our family member grandpa ,grandma ,aunt and uncle died in a accident. Neither My dad didn't want my mom to know about his condition nor me to know about her whereabouts. I don't know why may be he didn't want her to bother me cause of him and me. He said she suffered a lot by him already. The thing hurt her most was he not supporting her. My dad friend joined me in a orphanage. But there they were turning the children into beggars. I ran away from there Holding my dad photo in my hand. I was just 8 years old then. I slept on footpath for 2 days with no food. Next morning I saw a old man singing and getting few coins for his bread. I followed his way Singing the lullabies I heard from my dad. I rushed to a food stall with the coins I got. A Lady came to me and asked ," Are u alone?" I say," Yes." Lady asks," Will you come with I will take you to a nice orphanage and get you food and nice clothes." I share the previous incident happened to me. She hugs me seeing me frightened and assures me of taking care. I believe her to be good and follow her. After few months Dad, Mom and bro came looking after for a girl. They lost their daughter suffering with a disease. My brother who loves her sister a lot cried and was in his bad state back then. Mom and Dad came to adopt a girl for his sake. Brother sees me playing from back ,when I fell down he rushes to me thinking me as his sister. He lifts me into his arms and take me to his mother asks her to first aid gets me a chocolate and water to make me feel better. He hugs me and cries saying," Don't worry. I am here . I will take good care of you." They legally adopts me. That's how I Found my new family. May be this is what I have in my fate. God took something from me and gave me something to compensate the loss. Or I can say to rectify his mistake. I Lucky to have Mom, Dad , Brother and sister-in-law in my life. But I just have thing in my mind remained, Hope I knew who's my biological mother. My family takes good care of me, loves me, embraces me. But the fact doesn't change. It's not that I didn't own them. I equally love I put myself next to them. But I can't get over the truth that I'm orphan though I've a mom whom I don't know. I wonder do she know me. How I look?

I can't stop my tears. Vinu continues saying," .Orphan. But Akhil have a sweet family. I know the pain when we lose a family member be like. Get under the bed Simran and other family members are coming. Quick. Hurry they may see you." I hide myself under the bed before they open the bed.

Uncle asks," How are you." Vinu replies ," Much better." Aunt says," I don't how to thank you for saving Akhil." Vinu says," Aunty please . Don't thank me. Any one in my place would do the same."

AUTHOR'S POV:

Akhil remains calm thinking about the conversation between Gaurav and Vinu. Anand asks," Does it still paining?" Vinu says," No I had pain killers. I'm feeling better. Please Don't worry about me." Simran says," Thank god you are good. Or else Tharani might have killed me." Vinu says," You are worried of getting killed by her not worried about me." Sara says," She's just kidding You might have seen her hearing about the incident." Vinu asks," Where is Tej sir. Is he okay?" Vibha says," Bro is here with you right?" Gaurav will be tensed for getting caught. Akhil says," Gaurav bro Sent Vinu with our travel organizer May be he is at billing counter." Gaurav gets confused thinking Why Akhil lied to them. Sailaja curses herself saying," It was all because of me . If I didn't ask for temple...." Vinu interrupts her saying," Then I might have gone alone and no one might helped me. Please don't blame yourself grandma." Sailaja says," I don't understand whether to thank you for saving Akhil or feel sorry for your condition." Vinu says," Do you even thank if she saves Akhil. Please don't make me strange thanking." Sailaja says," No child you are as close to my heart as them." Sailaja leaves a kiss over her forehead.