Chapter 3 - Dances

Long time, no update...

Well, I just had three cups of coffee and actually finished this entire (rough draft of this) story! I watched Big Hero 6 twice today and successfully named all 52 of my Minecraft animals. But, who's counting?

Hope you enjoy this chapter (It gets better soon, I promise)!

Stay gold, Kenzie~

You frowned. "I don't even know where 'here' is!"

He seemed alarmed. "What are you meaning?"

"You saved me, and then you brought me to this amazing place, but... I'm lost. I'm alone. I don't have a home anymore. I... It's hopeless." You slumped down on North's desk and stared at the ground, feeling stupid despite your situation. You picked up the ice airplane and ran your fingers across it again. It seemed to hold more than a hobby now. Maybe I shouldn't have confessed that with these other... Creatures around.

"'Ey, darlin'," a voice said. "Nothin's hopeless. It just depends on how ya look at it."

You looked up at the big rabbit, who was walking towards you. A pang hit you in the chest; you knew you'd seen this creature before. But... Where? He sat next to you and took the airplane from your hands, then held them.

He said, "We're here to protect you."

"But why? How?"

The rabbit, still holding your hands, looked to North. North nodded at the frost boy, who formed a snowflake in his hand. It floated in the air, then flew around the room.

"Whoa," you murmured quietly, and walked over to him.

The corner of his mouth rose lightly, then held his hand close to your face. You leaned forward and gazed into his hand. A snowflake spawned before your eyes, and when you touched it, it turned to snow. It fell back into the boy's hand, and he sprinkled it on the ground.

"How'd you do that?" you asked.

"Magic," he said with a smirk.

You crossed your arms. "Yeah, right."

He leaned back and said, "It's true."

"So, 'Frosty', who are you then?"

He shrugged. "You won't believe me."

You raised an eyebrow. "Try me."

"I'm Jack Frost, the snow spirit."

"As in, the one who nips at noses?"

"Precisely," he replied cockily. He smirked at you, then the smirk turned to a genuine smile. You smiled back up at him, but he frowned. Confused, you watched him walk out of the room in a haste. You looked at North.

The look on North's face persuaded you not to ask about Jack Frost. Instead, you looked at each of the creatures in turn. Contemplating your situation, you said slowly, "So, let me guess... You're Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and... the Sand Man?"

They looked surprised. North said, "You... How did you...?"

Tooth flew up to you. "You're good at this guessing game."

The Easter Bunny stood. "Why do you believe in us?"

"Why wouldn't I?" countered, cocking my head at him.

"You... You're (age). You're t-too old," he stammered.

You crossed your arms and glared at him. "According to...?"