Chapter 24 - Families (Easter Special)

im so sorry this wasn't actually published on Easter, my computer's charger broke and i wasn't able to update, buuut... i still hope you all had a lovely Easter and, even if you didn't celebrate it, enjoy this little (extra-long) bit of Bunnymund fluff :)

You jumped on Bunny's bed and shook him awake. "Come on, Bunny, it's Easter!"

He groaned and rolled over. "Go on, little mate. Can't a guy get any sleep?"

You flopped next to him and touched your nose to his. "You can sleep later! We - you - have a ton of work to do before tonight."

He opened one eye, the emerald color glistening with confusion. "What's tonight?"

You sat up and smiled. "North's party, of course."

"North's..." He propped himself up on one elbow. "Why didn't I know about this sooner?"

"Because we figured that if you did, you'd try to get him to cancel it or try to host a better one."

Bunny ran his hands through his hair. "Yeah, well, you were right."

You gazed at him, wondering what had happened to cause him to be so bitter when it came to social situations. There had to be something - or someone - that had changed his perspective on other people and creatures. What had it been? And why were you different?

He fell back into the pillows, his arms spread out on the bed. He stared at the ceiling, seemingly lost in thought. "Oh, we have so much to do..." he murmured.

"Like what?" you asked.

He looked at you, and a smile flickered onto his face. "Well, I have to change back. We have to check the eggs to make sure they're decorated and distributed on schedule. We have to make sure we have the best gifts for everyone at the party. And I'm guessing that Tooth probably has a special surprise for you."

"What kind of surprise?"

"If I told you, it wouldn't be a special surprise, now, would it?"

You smiled. "I guess not."

He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you down onto the bed with him, burying his face against your shoulder. You wrapped your arms around his muscular build and held him tight. Your eyes closed after a moment, hoping for the best Easter you'd ever had this year. Then, without warning, the skin against yours turned to fur. His body changed shape slightly, and there was a slight movement against your body. When you opened your eyes and pulled away from him, he was a Pooka again.

"Task one, check," you whispered, kissing the top of his head.

You slipped off the bed and walked out of the room, with Bunny following close behind. You paused to take your necklace off (it was beginning to irritate your skin, being around your neck all the time), and he grabbed his leather accessories. You hurried out of the house, then walked out into the Warren. You gasped at the sight before you. The eggs swarmed around the rivers and various openings in the walls of the Warren, all different colors and styles. They hopped and skipped with pride and purpose, making you wonder how these little creatures could possibly have been the same ones who often ran into your legs and wandered aimlessly. The normal flowers that usually seemed just to be planted for decoration now sprayed paint on the eggs, swinging back and forth as they did so.

"Bunny, this is amazing," you said, stepping out of the way for a small group of eggs to pass.

"I know," he said, smiling at you.

You returned the gesture. "So what do we do?"

He took your hand and led you across the Warren. "I'll show you."