Chapter 11 - Immortals

*Que Fall Out Boy...*

Three figures appeared near Bunny's house, obviously by way of snow globe. Bunny stood and offered you a paw, and you took it with the hand that hadn't been marked by the future. You tried to shake the thoughts away, and ran over to where North and Jack had showed up with someone that you'd never seen.

"(Y/N)! How are you doing?" North said, grinning.

"Great! I really love it here, North."

Bunny walked up and smiled down at you. He seemed wary of the girl, and was shooting unreadable glances at North, who returned the looks in some kind of silent communication.

"You think this is impressive? Have you ever seen Tooth Palace?" Jack asked.

This was exciting news. Tooth Palace?! "No. Can I?"

"Ask Tooth next time you see her," Jack said with a smile.

You looked at the girl while North beckoned Bunny to the side. They started talking in low voices. You examined her as quickly and discreetly as possible. She wore light pink and white. Her hair was blonde with darker, almost-gold streaks. She held a sheath of arrows and a bow. She was captivating. Was she a Guardian, too - one that you didn't know about?

"What'dya paint on your hand, snowflake?" Jack asked, interrupting your thoughts.

You looked up. "Oh... I dunno. I was just using Bunny's paint to bother him."

North, returning from his conversation with Bunny, laughed. Jack shook his head, smiling. The new girl smiled, too. Bunny shook his head and ruffled your hair.

"I like your accessory, Bunny," Jack said with a smirk.

"What?" He reached up and took the flowers off of his head, then looked down at you. "Did you do this?"

"Um... Yes?" you said.

He stared at you for a moment, then smiled and shook his head. He tucked the flower crown into his pouch.

North grunted. "Bunny never lets people pick the flowers around here."

You shifted nervously. Would he be mad now? Bunny just elbowed you and shrugged.

"(Y/N), Bunny," Jack said, "I'd like you to meet Cupid."

"Cupid? Really?" you asked.

"I suppose so," she murmured. Her voice was soft and sweet.

"Are you a Guardian?"

"No... Just immortal, like you."

"I'm not immortal," you said quietly, once again being reminded that you had to die.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she said quickly. "Please forgive me."

"It's fine," you said, pushing cheerfulness back into your voice. "I guess I will be one day." Though you tried to hide it, anger started bubbling inside of you. Was this really what you has to put up with? Clueless immortals who didn't know the first thing about what you were going through? You knew you had to die to basically continue your life - they'd never known that they would die to become something great.

Bunny's paw brushed your hand, but he didn't take it, like he seemed to normally. You wondered why.

"Why're you here?" you asked, trying to be friendly. "I don't get to meet new people very often anymore." It came out more bitter than you'd expected it to, but you didn't mind very much. You even shot a semi-resentful glance at North. He seemed worried, like he kew what was coming.

"Us Guardians are just worried about you, (Y/N)," North interrupted Cupid's reply.

"Well, how am I ever supposed to become a Guardian if I'm sheltered all the time?"

"You don't need to be - not yet. Manny is still watching over you. You'll get there."

You crossed your arms. "What if he can't ? Then it'd be your fault."

"(Y/N) -" Jack started.

"I'm tired of this, North! I'm not getting anywhere! I wanna know what I'm meant for!"

North said, "And you will. But -"

"You didn't have to go through this! None of you did! I've been forced with this... This curse of knowing that I'm going to die before I can do anything with my life. You pretend like you know, but you don't, North." You had started crying. "I don't wanna wait like this."

"You haven't told her, Bunny?" North asked quietly. He seemed sad, and suddenly older than you ever remembered him.

"Told me what?" you asked, wiping your eyes. You suddenly felt stupid for crying in front of Cupid, but curiosity had distracted you from caring too much about what she thought at this point.

Bunny sighed. "Come on, little mate. I have something to talk to you about."