Different worlds

>>Amara

I know it well.

The man I saw that day at the academy is my mate, my fated pair.

I lay on my bed in my sister's apartment. I had to move out of my school dorms because the news about my biological family blew up and my relationship with them was revealed to the public recently as well, so, to avoid trouble, I moved into the apartment with Grace and Mom since the apartment complex has high security.

I turned around and looked out the open window at the bright sky and sighed.

The moment my eyes landed on Killian, my wolf howled and jumped in excitement. The feeling was impeccable, like falling in love without any restraints.

But, he's an Alpha, and considering he was at the Alpha academy he must be from an elite family too. And that's what scared me.

When I recognized him as mine, I wanted to jump into his arms but I got scared. I could tell he was excited too but when he spoke to me, I jumped out of the excitement into an abyss of misery.

I can't speak...

I can't even hear properly without these hearing aids. I touched the device in my right ear and sighed.

My hearing is slightly better on the left side but I wear the device on my right. I can hear everything nicely with this but I can't speak. And I know he wouldn't even expect something like this because of the way he talked to me.

He wanted answers that I can't even voice.

I'm not a match for an Alpha like Killian. He and I live in different worlds. He's like a shining star and I live in the shadows.

The door to my room opened and Grace entered, "Are you ready?" She asked and I sat up.

Grace and I'll be starting college together. I know she's nervous too because of all the family drama that went on in the news. Her face is well known everywhere as well and I'm better in that regard since my face wasn't revealed.

I nodded and stood up, 'Will you be alright?' I signed and she nodded.

"Eli will be there with me." She smiled and I felt envious. Among all the odds, not only did she find her mate, but he's also a really caring person.

I pursed my lips as I put my backpack on my shoulders.

'Grace...' I looked down, 'I want to ask you something,'

"Yea?" She walked into the room, "What is it?"

I learned about Killian through Eli. Well basically, I saw them hanging out together and learned they're friends, so maybe Grace knows what kind of guy he is. They were group partners in the Alpha Academy as well after all.

And if Grace can be together with her mate, I can too, right?

'Well,' I paused soon after I started, 'It's nothing.'

What am I even thinking? How can I compare with Grace? She doesn't have a disability like me. Her voice is perfect, her hearing is perfect and because of the Alpha hormones she took, she's taller than me too. And now that she's grown her hair out a little and doesn't wear those ugly glasses anymore, she looks so perfect.

I pursed my lips tighter.

The day she starts wearing dresses and skirts instead of jeans and pants, people are going to swoon over her even though she's marked.

While on the other hand, I'm mute. Without the hearing aids, I'm deaf too. I clutched the straps of my bag in jealousy. And I'm short, shorter than other omegas...