Worst encounter

>>Amara

It was a public place, with a lot of people around, yet I could hear my heart drumming in my ears. It was especially loud because of the hearing aid plugged in my ear.

Killian let go of the man he was mincing and turned his body towards me which made me flinch. My soul almost left my body. Now that I was looking at him directly, I could see the view properly and how badly he had beaten the other guy up.

It sent shivers down my spine.

"Amara," He called my name making all the attention come to me. Every single person in the crowd turned their heads to ogle at me and I lost it. I didn't like it. It was too nerve-wracking.
Killian stood up, leaving the guy under him to groan in pain but the moment he took a step toward me, I stood up and ran into the crowd.

"Amara wait!" He came after me but I didn't stop. I struggled my way out of the crowd and ran blindly toward the nearest buildings.

I had no idea Killian would be a violent person. The first time I met him he looked like an awfully social person with how he greeted me but it never crossed my mind that he'd be like this.

I don't know which building I was approaching but as I got near someone grabbed my arm from behind, scaring the hell out of me, turned me around, and pinned me against the wall.

"I told you to wait." It was Killian. He held my shoulders tightly while he cornered me at the side of the building. I looked back at him in horror, my heart pounding in my chest with my eyes wide open. My wolf jumped in ecstasy but not me, I was simply scared.

I was so surprised, I couldn't utter anything but I began to tremble. Not only because of the sudden imprisonment but because Killian had a droplet of blood splashed on the side of his cheek. I hate violence or anything closely related to it and I especially hate seeing blood. So seeing his face just made me feel bad.

He noticed my condition and immediately let me go.

"Sorry," He raised his hands next to his chest, "I didn't-" He didn't get to complete his sentence before he got a flying kick right across his face, making him fall to the ground.

It happened quite fast and even I didn't get what happened but the next moment Nico grabbed my hand and glared at Killian

It took me a moment but I understood that my best friend had come to save me.

"Stay away from her you creep!" He spat the words at him while Killian tried to process what happened. I know no Alpha werewolf would think it would be possible to throw them off like this but here we are.

Nico isn't strong though, but he's very agile and skillful. That's why there isn't any damage on Killian yet he's there down on the ground. He looked back at us both in bafflement but Nico wasn't going to stay. He immediately began to take me away when Killian stood up.

"Wait!" We ran out of the place, "I just want to talk!" I looked back at him, but this time he didn't run after me. He stood there looking at me, unsure what to do when in his final resort, he did something unexpected.

He spoke to me, in my language.

My eyes went wide when he signed the words, 'Let me talk to you,' It was slow, but he signed it right.

I couldn't believe it. Does he know how to sign? Since when? Has he always known? Did he learn recently?

I could barely see his expression now but it looked like he was hoping for me to stop and answer him somehow but I didn't. His eyes didn't stop following me though but then we took a turn, completely disappearing out of his sight and he from mine.

My shoulders slumped immediately after that and my wolf whined as Nico stopped to catch his breath. My head dropped and I began to think. I was still in awe regarding Killian signing his words to me.

"God!" Nico was frustrated, "Who was that dude!" He looked at me, "From his built, he looks like a werewolf." His breath was haggard, "And a big one at that." I nodded at his question without thinking and he got suspicious, "Do you know him?" He eyed me suspiciously.

I raised my head to look at him, "..." Then shook my head.

'I don't know him.' I sighed, I just know his name and a little bit of info I gathered from Grace when she talked about him.

"Then how do you know if he's one?" Nico folded his arms and stared at me, "Humans can achieve a body like that too."

'I've seen him before.' I signed but didn't look directly at him, 'He was at the Alpha academy with Grace.'

"Oh..." He understood and relaxed a little, "But what does he want with you?"

"..." I looked away and shook my head.

"You don't know?"

'...' I shook my head again and he sighed.

"You're lying to me." His words made me freeze but I didn't say anything to confirm or deny that. Nico had always been good at telling when I was lying but he also doesn't pry when I don't answer him, "Fine," He took my hand again, "Don't tell me." He pulled me along and we began to walk toward our department once again, "But remember this Mara, Alpha werewolves are bad news. Especially when they target omegas like us that don't have much of a background."

I squeezed his hand back when he spoke and he noticed. So, he looked at me.

I looked back at him, 'Does it necessarily have to be bad?'

He stopped and stared at my face in awe. It was like something clicked in his mind but he didn't voice it, "Mara..." He sighed, "I know how amazing Alpha werewolves are to us omegas but don't fall for one." He squeezed my hand back, "In the end, they're all jerks who love playing around."

....

My gaze dropped.

Jerks who love playing around...

Hmm...

Nico's right.

There's no need for me to talk to Killian. I should just reject him if I ever see him again and move on, otherwise, my wolf won't calm down. I shouldn't get attached to him and fall for him, only for him to leave me and marry some other werewolf or some rich human for his personal or familial gains.

I don't want to end up like mom...

I clenched my shirt over my shirt because my heart began to hurt.

I really hope I don't have to see him again.

***

>>Killian

"What are you doing here?" Asher, my cousin of the same age came and stood by my side, "Why are you standing there looking into space like your whole world collapsed?"

I didn't look at him. My gaze just wouldn't tear away from the place Amara took her turn and disappeared.

"Because it feels like it has," I answered softly.

"Are you okay?" He came and stood in front of me, obstructing my view because of which I finally looked away.

"No," I sighed and began to walk away, "I'm losing my mind." I massaged my cheek.

That was one skilled kick I received.

I shook my head.

Who was that boy next to her?

I gritted my teeth.

Just who is he to her for him to take her away from me?