Change

>>Asher

I tried to distract myself, focusing on the distant sound of rain and the faint echoes of thunder. But despite my efforts, my mind kept returning to him – to the delicate image of him changing, the intimate act of vulnerability in such close quarters, and the sound of his pants unbuckling

My wolf howled and I couldn't control myself.

OH! Shit!

I couldn't help but stare... I slowly turned my face around to look at him as I kept my body unmoving. I had to make sure I wouldn't get caught.

From the corner of my eyes, I noticed that he was looking the other way as he sat on the ground and I took that as an opportunity and kept watching.

When he took off his jacket, I saw how the white shirt he wore under that clung to his skin. I bit my lip in hunger seeing his skin through that transparent wet shirt.

He was thin but somehow curvy. His damp hair was pulled back, and the air felt charged with an unspoken tension, a newfound awareness that hung there like a delicate thread

I pursed my lips tightly when he grabbed the bottom of his shirt and took it off, revealing his pale skin.

I gulped.

My wolf started drooling

I saw how beautifully his spine curved. It made me want to slide my tongue along it. In that moment, I felt a magnetic pull, an undeniable attraction that defied rational thoughts which I tried to hold onto very dearly. I couldn't afford to act on my impulses just yet.

His shoulders trembled softly, most likely because of the cold and I wanted to close up to him and take him into my arms. As we sat there, a tense silence enveloped us, punctuated only by the sound of raindrops on the cave entrance. The flickering fire cast dancing shadows on the walls, adding to the surreal atmosphere.

I struggled with the emotions swirling within me. There was a delicate balance between attraction and respect, a fine line I didn't want to cross but BY GOD, I had to put everything in my brain and lock it together to stop myself from getting closer to him.

My heart was beating wildly, hammering in my chest. My wolf kept growling, wanting to go near Nico and honestly, I was so tempted, I chose to look away.

My emotions were getting out of hand the more I watched him and I came to a realization that I wanted Nico more than anything else I've ever wanted.

I've never had such strong emotions for anything or anyone before!

I gulped,

I did not realize that the mate bond held so much power.

>>Nico

My body felt weirdly hot. I was cold, yes, shivering even but at the same time I felt so hot.

I gulped

My shirt rested in my lap. I had just taken it off to put it out and dry it next to the fire but my health seemed weird. I didn't know what to make out of it. I should be cold, or maybe getting a fever but no,

This was different.

There was something inside of me that was burning.

I looked down at my stomach and placed my hand under my abdomen.

Right here...

My eyes went wide in fear. My wolf was quiet so I didn't notice before but she was trying to pull something here.

And it was at that moment, I realized that the medicine wasn't working.

Oh shit!

My pupils began to shake as my body started to get even hotter. One moment, I