Lust

>>Nico

"Oh! Fuck it!!" Asher said and I didn't realize it at first, but he drew out his claws and slashed through the snake's skin

The serpent hissed in pain and loosened its grip but that didn't make it go away. It let us go but attacked Asher trying to bite him.

Asher on the other hand got vigilant, he launched himself forward, clawing at the serpent's face and making it slam on the ground in the opposite direction.

"Nico!" He yelled my name, "Get inside the cave." He stood between me and the enemy and for a moment I paused as I kept my eyes on him.

He's protecting me?

I shook my head,

Wow,

Looking at that made me feel a little weird but oddly, it made me feel nicely weird.

"Okay," I replied and began to jog towards the cave when the rain got heavy out of the blue.

HUH?

It made me glance at the sky as thunder rumbled

"Nico!!" And then suddenly I heard Asher's voice, making me look to the side and noticing the anaconda mid-air, with its fangs out, flying towards me

!!!!

Time slowed down as I panicked but Asher was on high alert. He was already on his way to me. As my body turned around to try and defend myself, the serpent got nearer but before it could lay its deadly poison on me with its fangs Asher made his way to me.

Wrapping me in one arm and throwing a long sideway punch with the other, he attacked the snake in the first second and rolled with me in the other second.

My heart beat got wilder and when we fell to the ground to roll away, my eyes got wide too.

Why?

Because I felt so protected and cared for I couldn't describe it.

It was a dangerous situation but I couldn't help it. Asher got up on his feet and forced me up too. With one glance at the snake, we saw it slithering around but it wasn't coming for us.

It was then I noticed the blood on the snake's face.

Hmm?

And then I looked down at Asher's hand with which he was holding me and saw the blood there too. He seemed to have damaged the enemy enough that the snake had grown vary even though it had a size advantage.

It was one huge snake about ten feet long.

"Move to the cave," Asher said again as he kept his eyes on the serpent.

"Okay," I replied but grabbed his hands back, "We'll go together," I kept my eyes on him and began to move towards the cave, forcing him to move with me. I didn't want to leave him alone. He may be a hunter but I just didn't want to leave him alone.

I felt scared. I don't know if it was for myself or because for him but I just wanted him by my side.

The snake didn't come any closer and we reached the cave. The fire was still going in there which was a relief.

I let out a sigh, then shook my head to clear it since it still felt boggy but just shaking it didn't do much. I was feeling dizzy for some reason and almost fell as I tripped on a rock.

!!!

Asher caught me immediately before I fell to the rough surface, "Careful!!" He brought me back up easily by putting both his hands on my waist, then he looked back outside, "Relax," His eyes had shifted and he was trying to keep an eye on the snake's movement.