Regret

>>Amara

Oh My God!

What have I done?

I slapped him! And for what? Because he asked to take me with him? He didn't even force me, well, he did grab my hand out of nowhere but wasn't he just being considerate? It's not like he's a mechanic who was going to magically fix the chain of my bike!

I overreacted, didn't I? But, he shouldn't have grabbed my hand like that! I know I shouldn't have slapped him but considering his big physique and strength, it scared the shit out of me when he did it.

What is wrong with me though... Why did I slap him? I doubt my slap did him any damage but still...

I could have just declined nicely...

Do I have to apologize to him?

***

>>Killian

"The fuk is wrong with you now?" Asher ate his chips while he stared at my face

"Someone hates me." I whispered as we both sat in the corridor of our department. We were on the second floor, and while Asher was sitting on the bench, I was on the quarter wall.

He snorted, "That's not new."

"This is," I replied and placed my hand on my cheek. There was no physical damage but it sure as hell tore my heart

He snickered as he took another bite, "How?"

"It's my mate." I spoke in an aloof tone and he paused.

"Oh..." He got a little awkward, "Do you mean," He put his chips aside, "You found your fated pair?"

I nodded while my mind kept replaying Amara's actions. She's afraid of me, isn't she? She ran away the first time I met her, she ran away the second time we met and she ran away the third time too with a slap as a parting gift...

What am I supposed to do now? How do I get to her?

"Wow," Asher put his hand on my shoulder, "I don't know if I should say you're lucky or should I say that your luck sucks." He clicked his tongue, "So she doesn't want you?"

I turned my head to look at him, "It's a mix of both." I rolled my eyes and looked down where I spotted a familiar figure walking towards his department. I squinted my eyes.

Isn't that the brat who sticks with Amara?

"Who are you glaring at?" Asher peeked over the ledge

"That femboy," I pointed at him.

"Femboy?" Asher darted his eyes around, "I don't see one,"

"That one with a gray shirt." I kept my eyes on him but Asher slowly moved his head to look at me.

"Dude, he's wearing normal clothes and he's walking normally too."

"His face resembles a chick."

Asher gave me a weird stare, "What did he do?" He shook his head, "Why are you so mad at him?" He looked back at the femboy, "I can't even see his face from here."

***

>>Amara

'Nico!!' The moment I saw him, I was startled, 'What happened?' He entered the class and walked to the last row which had sort of become like our sitting spot and sat down next to me.

"Nothing," He replied but I shook my head.

He had a bruise on his cheek, 'How many times do I need to beg you for you to finally spill it?' I signed the words to him and in response he just looked away. His action annoyed me, he was looking away so he wouldn't be seeing me talk.

But I grabbed his cheeks and forcefully turned his face towards me and glared at him.

He let out a sigh, "Fine," He gave me his attention, "I just had a fight with my father."

I let his face go so I could talk to him, 'Again?' I asked and he nodded, 'Why?' He didn't come to the freshmen party and I couldn't get a hold of him either.

I feared he might have an argument with his father again.

"Same old reason," He replied, "Nothing new," The teacher entered the class and we both sat up straight.

"Okay class!" The professor slammed her attendance book on the table, "We're going to have an outdoor class today!!" She looked at the whole class, "Ready your boards and come to the field in front of the department."

"What are we doing?" One of the students asked.

"Today, we'll go with simple live sketching." She replied.

"What?" A girl asked, "Like models?"

"Bingo," She smiled, "I found two handsome guys for you a lot." She joked and the class enjoyed it, "Come on," She then began to leave, "Hurry up now."

Everyone stood up and we took out artboards with us to the field and pinned our paper charts on it. Sitting in a circular form, we had created a big space in between for the models who hadn't arrived yet.

"Ah shit," Nico let out a sigh and I looked at him with concern.

'What is it?'

He turned to me, "Got you an extra charcoal pencil?" He showed me his empty hands, "I forgot my whole pouch,"

I relaxed a little and giggled when two men approached our class circle.

'You can take whatever you need from my pouch,' I told him and placed my stencil pouch between us.

"Thanks, Mara," Nico smiled at me but neither of us noticed the men who had taken their places in the middle of the circle. Neither did we notice the class whisper amongst themselves about the models, not until the teacher spoke up.

"Okay!" The professor clapped her hands, "Our models are here!" With that announcement, we both looked at the center and froze.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw the person in front of me. My pupils shaked and I couldn't believe my eyes.

Killian!?!?

He was there with another guy but Killian had his eyes on me and it made my heartbeat accelerate.

Oh NO NO NO!!

He's our model!??!

I shot my head around and looked at Nico in a panic but noticed how he had a terrified expression on his face. Like he had been faced with the worst fear of his life. Right the next moment, he stood up and ran away, leaving me there all alone.