Hunter's speech

>>Amara

Nico immediately took off the white coat and tie and threw it in the big dustbin which was just by the entrance door.

I stared at him with a blank face as my mind raced with specific thoughts.

Apparently, we both got our clothes from our mates. The fact that I got my dress from Killian is the only thing that makes sense at this point because there really isn't anyone else who would do this.

Both Nico's and mine dresses were limited edition ones which made many people whisper. I could feel the attention of us but nobody approached us to ask. Nobody except Tina.

"Everyone's talking about your dress." She had a wine glass in her hands, "Your sister must be rich."

I looked at her awkwardly, then nodded.

"Hmm," She seemed impressed, "Nice," I don't lie, so this feels so awkward for me...

Killian and Asher seem to be making sure that we don't forget about them. I thought we'd never be meeting again but here we are... Does this mean both of them are still pursuing us?

Why? I clearly told Killian it wasn't possible...

Nico came back to me with a puffed face, "The moment I get my hands on him, I'm going to kill him." Tina raised her brow at him but didn't say anything and turned her face towards the stage.

I giggled at his words, then looked at the stage where a man, in his late fifties, went and stood with a mike.

'What's happening?' I asked Nico which also caught Tina's attention.

"He's going to make a speech about the significance of the festival, then call the hunters on stage and they'll talk about stuff."

'What stuff?' I looked at him, 'Is it necessary?'

"That's just how things work here." I kept my eyes on the stage as Nico spoke, "The Hunter's Fest opening party has one small event of importance, it's where the hunters announce who they'll give their hunts to."

'Like they say their name?' The man on stage was making his speech but I was more focused on what Nico was saying since the old man's speech was boring.

"Usually the trend is to say what you feel about the person and let the people guess. It gets revealed when the hunters bring their trophies and give them to the person they want to impress the most."

'It could be anyone?'

"Not anyone, usually it's family or spouse or a lover."

OH!

"How's the winner of the festival decided?" Tina asked.

"The types of animals that are hunted have points. The one who gathers the most points in four days wins."

"Oh~" Tine and I both nodded.

Just as Nico explained how things are done, I saw Killian make his way to the stage. Both Nico and I shared a glance, then looked back at the stage again where Killian took the mike from the middle-aged man and smiled.

"I've been coming here to hunt every year for the past eight years and I've always given my hunts to my mother but this year is different." His eyes glowed for a split second, "I've found a girl." There was a soft hooting in the crowd while my heart skipped a beat.

Is he talking about me?

"I never thought I'd fall for someone and I never thought that nature would pave that way for me." He had a bright smile on his face as he scanned the crowd. He looked confident but his words invited whispers of concern and curiosity from the crowd but it didn't bother him, "I will present my hunts to the woman I want to court."