2Jin Moment 27

2029/11/25

The late autumn air was crisp and the leaves had turned a beautiful shade of orange and red. The city was bustling, alive with the hum of the upcoming holidays. Yujin was in her living room, folding laundry while a rerun of her favorite drama played in the background. She was trying to distract herself from the thoughts that had been plaguing her mind for the past few days.

She had been feeling odd, a strange mix of nausea and fatigue. It was a familiar feeling, but not one she could easily place. Her mind wandered back to the last time she had seen Jinyoung, on her 26th birthday, during his military leave. It had been a wonderful, albeit short, five days. They had spent the time catching up, reminiscing about old times, and promising to make new memories once he was fully discharged from the military.

Yujin paused, her hands frozen over a pile of clean shirts

Yujin paused, her hands frozen over a pile of clean shirts. She hadn't had her period since then. She quickly calculated the days in her head and felt a sudden rush of adrenaline. It had been over two months.

Panicking, she quickly dialed Gaeul and Rei, her fellow IVE members. She explained the situation and they both encouraged her to take a pregnancy test. They helped her order a few online, and the waiting game began.

Two days later, she was standing in her bathroom, staring at the positive pregnancy tests in her hands. Her heart pounded in her chest. She was pregnant. She was carrying Jinyoung's child. She quickly messaged Gaeul and Rei, letting them know the news, but decided to keep it a secret from everyone else until she could tell Jinyoung in person.

Several days later, she was sitting in the car with Jinyoung's family outside the Marine Corps headquarters, waiting for him to finish his speech to his fans

Several days later, she was sitting in the car with Jinyoung's family outside the Marine Corps headquarters, waiting for him to finish his speech to his fans. Yujin felt an overwhelming wave of happiness as she caught sight of Jinyoung. His uniform was pressed and neat, his hair shorter than she remembered, but his smile was as bright as ever.

The family threw a grand welcome back party in Seoul that evening. Everyone was busy chatting, eating, and drinking champagne. Yujin, however, was sticking to water, which did not go unnoticed by Jinyoung.

"Yujin, why aren't you having champagne?" Jinyoung asked, concern edging his voice.

"I'm just not in the mood for it," Yujin replied with a smile, trying to brush it off.

Later that evening, when they finally had a moment alone, Yujin took Jinyoung's hand. "Jinyoung," she began, her voice trembling slightly, "I have something to tell you."

Jinyoung looked at her, his eyes filled with concern. "What is it, Yujin?"

"I'm... I'm pregnant," she said, looking up at him. "It's your baby."

For a moment, Jinyoung just stood there, his eyes wide in surprise. Then, a grin spread across his face. "Really?" he asked, unable to hide his excitement.

"Yes," Yujin replied, a tear slipping down her cheek.

Without a word, Jinyoung rushed into the kitchen, leaving a confused Yujin standing alone in the living room. She could hear him rummaging through the pantry. After a few moments, he returned, holding the tie from a loaf of bread.

Bending down on one knee, he held up the bread tie to Yujin. "Yujin," he said, his voice choked with emotion, "I know this isn't a diamond ring, and I know this isn't how you imagined it, but I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to raise our child together. Will you marry me?"

Yujin stared at him, her eyes wide in surprise. Then, she started to laugh. It was a joyous, infectious laugh, and soon Jinyoung was laughing too. "Yes," she said, nodding through her laughter. "Yes, I'll marry you."

Jinyoung stood up, pulling her into a tight hug. "I love you, Yujin," he said, his voice muffled against her shoulder.

"I love you too, Jinyoung," she replied, her arms wrapped tightly around him.

As they stood there, holding each other in their small living room, they knew that their lives were about to change in ways they couldn't even begin to imagine. But they also knew that, no matter what, they would face those changes together, as a team, as partners, as parents, and as a family.

In the days that followed, Yujin and Jinyoung started planning for their future. They told their families about the pregnancy and the impromptu proposal, which was met with tears of joy and laughter. They started planning a small, intimate wedding, wanting to keep things simple and focus on their growing family.

As Yujin lay in bed at night, with Jinyoung's arm wrapped around her and their unborn baby growing inside her, she felt a peace she had never known before. Despite the challenges they were sure to face in the coming months, she knew they would be okay. Because they had each other. And that was all they really needed.