Xii

"Break up with that bastard..."

Today is Friday meaning that after work Kayla has to go to dinner at her parents' house tonight. She didn't really feel like it but she had to because her mum and dad are always judging her when she don't come over. "She don't have time for us? What does she be doing that she can't see us for about three hours every week" is what they always say to Marvin every time she don't come over.

"It's only a few hours anyways relax innit" Cee says to Kayla who is lying on the bed complaining about having to go to her parents'. "Yeah but I just can not be arsed innit" Kayla replies kissing her teeth. Cee rolls over to her on the bed and lays on top of her, "lazy asshole" he says to her and Kayla makes a face at him, "shut up" she says playfully rolling her eyes. "Don't tell man to shut up" he says kissing his teeth, "just did" Kayla says with cheek sticking her tongue out. Cee shakes his head and chuckles, "you're annoying" he says and Kayla puts her middle finger up at him. "Girl put that finger down" he says holding her hands and they both laugh.

Kayla had quickly gotten ready and drove off to her mum's and dad's. She pulled up to their house at the same time as Marvin. They both got out of the car. "Hey" Kayla smiles as he hugs Marvin to greet him. "Yo you good yeah?" He asks and she nods. "Thought might have to drag you out the house like last week" he says chuckling. "Yeah I forced myself out" she says rolling her eyes and they both laugh. As they were about to knock on the door, the door opens revealing their dad, "hey!" Mike exclaims and they both greet him. "Shayla! They're here!" Mike shouts out and she comes running to the door. "Awww my babies are here!" Their mum excitedly says as she hugs th m both really tight. "Come in come in" she says shutting the door behind them and they take their shoes off and sit in the living room and talk for a while.

Kayla gets up and goes to the kitchen to check up on her mum, "hey ma, need help?" She asks her. "Yeah please put the plates out on the table, thanks hon" Shayla says as she adds seasoning to the pan. Kayla does as she's told and they make small convo.

"Aww it must be lonely living on your own" her mum says to her as she's starring the chicken and rice in the pot. Kayla was quiet for a while, "yeah it is" she says. She was so close to telling her about living with Cee but she just wasn't ready to tell them just yet.

Anyways, they are all now sat at the table in the seating they're always in; Kayla and Fredo next to each other and opposite them is their parents.

"So Marv, new album coming soon eh?" Mike says whilst they're all eating and Marvin nods, "yeah it's almost complete" he says proud of himself.

Just then Kayla gets a text message and she checks it:

Oaks❤️ sent an image

She smiles as she clicks on the notification

What ya think of my new earrings??

She smiles more as she texts him,

Oooh Imma have to steal them yk 😌