𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 | 𝟏𝟎

*ੈ‧₊˚

Soon, the Astronomy tower and what ifs were forgotten in the flurry of classes and other things going on in both our lives.

Theo and I quickly fell back into our normal, he flirts with me and I roll my eyes at him routine. It felt normal. Good. Like how it was supposed to feel.

Though sometimes I caught myself stealing glances when I shouldn't and find myself wondering back to that night.

Classes had ended an hour or so ago and the whole lot of us were hanging around under a tree near the black lake, savouring the last few days of warmth before winter completely took over.

"Schools been so boring, I think we should throw a party." Pansy states with a grin, interrupting the peaceful silence, her eyes focused on the nails she was painting black.

Her not getting grass in them or smudging them was truly a talent only Pansy Parkinson possessed.

To her left, "I agree..we can celebrate Enzo's birthday, that's coming up right?" Blaise agreed, turning to Enzo who was sitting next to me.

Enzo chuckled, "You lot would celebrate anything to throw a party." He commented, his eyes flickering up from the book in his hands.

Blaise shot Enzo a charming smile, "We just want to give you a proper party to celebrate your great life."

Enzo smirked, shaking his head in amusement. "Alright, alright, I'm not one to turn down a good party."

Pansy's eyes lit up with excitement as she continued to paint her nails with practiced precision. "Perfect! We'll throw a seventeenth that Hogwarts will remember for ages."

I leaned back against the grass, it's cool against my back, and watched as the group around me continued their animated conversation.

Draco and Daphne were engaged in a heated debate about something they learned in herbology, while Mattheo and Theo were playfully arguing about something only they could comprehend.

Amidst the chaos, I caught Theo's gaze briefly.

There was a flicker of something in his eyes, a mixture of playfulness and underlying intensity that was so uniquely him.

It was a reminder of that night on the Astronomy Tower, but also a reassurance that whatever had passed between us was safely tucked away as a one time slip up.

Quickly I look away, rather focusing on the conversation Pansy and Blaise were having about Enzo's birthday.

"What do you think Evie, do we invite the  Gryffindors?" Pansy asked, turning to me with a pointed expression.

Blaise scoffs, "Pansy I don't want to either but it's Enzo's birthday and unfortunately he's friends with them." He points out.

I sigh but before I can respond I feel a hand on my shoulder and silence infiltrating our groups environment.

Everyone seemed to have halted their conversations to stare at whoever was behind me.

Turning my head I notice Aleksander who's grinning softly at me, "You mind if I steal you away for a moment?" He quips, motioning to everyone's obvious gazes.