𝐣𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬 | 𝟏𝟔

*ੈ‧₊˚

Loud music, sweaty dancing bodies and dark lighting is all I can see and hear when I step into the Slytherin common rooms.

It's been a week since my date with Aleksander, I haven't changed my mind about us since last weekend but we continue to remain friends.

The week went by in a flurry of classes, homework and studying, by the time Enzo's birthday rolled around, Hogwarts was buzzing with excitement.

I quickly find Daphne in the crowd, she's leaning against a wall talking to the birthday boy himself while watching Blaise from across the room chat enthusiastically to a seventh year.

Unlike our other friends, those two weren't really big party goers and much rather opted to hangout in the shadows, away from the crowd of drunk teenagers.

As I make my way toward Daphne, the atmosphere in the Slytherin common room envelops me. The music pulsates through the air, and the scent of butterbeer and firewhiskey hangs heavy.

I wobble on my heels while trying to navigate and weave through moving bodies. My outfit while adorable wasn't exactly the most comfortable. Black strappy dress, one of Pansy's and a pair of black kitten heels.

Daphne spots me approaching and waves me over with a bright smile. "Finally you came down!" she exclaims as she detaches herself from the conversation with Enzo.

I grin in response and give her a quick hug. "I told you and pansy I had to finish studying," I reply. "Happy birthday, Enzo!" I call out to our friend.

Enzo turns and beams at me, his charismatic charm shining through. "Thanks Evie!"

I run a hand through my curled hair, "Drinks?" I suggest, noticing that the table has cleared up since I last glanced over at it.

Despite both of them already nursing two red solo cups in their hands they nod and follow me over.

"What's your poison Evie?" Enzo asks motioning to the wide array of liquids and bottles on the table, some muggle and some wizard.

I shrug, "Surprise me." I mumble, whatever will take this edge is perfect for me. For no reason at all, I am tense right now.

Maybe it could be the fact I hadn't seen Theo yet.

"Here." Enzo pushes a cup into my hand, the liquid inside it is a shallow blue colour and it reeks very strongly of alcohol, but I still take a deep sip of it.

The burn is not even remotely ignorable at the back of my throat, my face scrunches up, "This tastes like battery acid Enzo." I ground out, trying to will myself to down the whole cup.

He smiles sheepishly, taking a sip of his own drink. "That's how you know that you're going to have a good time tonight."

I chuckle at his comment, turning to glance at Daphne but her and Blaise have backed themselves up against a wall and are aggressively snogging.

Gross.

As I turn back to say something to Enzo, I can't help but notice Theo in the distance.

He's leaning casually against the fire place, a half-smoked cigarette in one hand, a red solo cup in the other, and his eyes are fixed on the dance floor where students are dancing energetically.