Dreamcatcher (Geto)

A/N: The reader left Jujutsu High with Geto, so they've been together for a long time. This is before what happened in Jujutsu Kaisen 0. Just some comfort I wrote because of recent nightmares and stuff

You didn't want to go to sleep. You didn't want to have that damned nightmare again, the one that had been haunting you almost every night for weeks now. It was the same thing every time, Geto dying in some horrific, gruesome way, without you being able to do anything. You absolutely hated feeling so powerless. It's not like you were as strong as him, but you could still hold your own against most sorcerers, so it wasn't often that you felt helpless. There was nothing you could do about this however, the horrors created by your own mind were far worse than anything that could ever happen, right? You just had to get yourself to believe that too.

It was past three in the morning and you were still sitting on the couch, barely staying awake. You were slipping in and out of sleep, and eventually you just fell asleep completely.

Geto knew you had barely been sleeping as of late, and even though you had told him you were having nightmares, you wouldn't say what they were about. So when he came back to your shared dwelling and found you sleeping on the couch, he felt relieved. Perhaps you could finally get a good night's sleep.

He was also exhausted, his meeting had ran long yet again. Those damn monkeys couldn't do anything without his constant supervision and guidance, it was so tiring. Geto threw his robes aside, standing there in just his underwear and a tank top.

You didn't seem very comfortable on the couch, and the way you were leaning forwards made Geto feel like you would fall face first to the floor, so he decided to move you to your shared bed. He also felt more comfortable having you in arm's reach and knowing you were safe, knowing he could keep you safe if something happened.

Geto picked you up from the couch bridal style, and carried you to the bedroom. You snuggled your face into his chest and relaxed against him, exhaling deeply. Geto sighed, but his lips drew to a smile.

You'd been with him for so long. You'd been high school sweethearts, all the way back in Jujutsu High. You'd stayed with him through everything, even when he had been frankly horrible to you, and when anyone else would have probably ran the other way, as far from him as possible. Not you though, you stayed. You were always there for him when he needed you and he could always count on you.

Geto laid you down on the bed and joined you as he pulled the covers over you both.

You could feel Geto's presence even though you were asleep. His strong arms lifting you from the couch and him carrying you to bed. It made you feel safe and you didn't bother opening your eyes, you knew he was there, his presence was unmistakable. You only needed to reach your hand towards that presence a tiny bit, and you could feel his chest under your fingers.

"I'm here love, go back to sleep. I'll make sure nothing bothers you" Geto said and placed a kiss on your forehead.

"I love you, Suguru" you muttered sleepily.

"I love you too (Name), more than you know"