Long distance (Gojo)

A/N:Just some comfort for my current situation, since I moved into a new city earlier this week

You were sitting in your new apartment, surrounded by boxes full of your things. It was a bit chilly since the previous tenant had turned the heat almost off when they had left. Gojo hadn't been able to help you move your stuff, since he was on a mission, but you'd managed with the help of your friends.

Now they had all left, and you were sitting on your bed in the empty apartment, wondering if this was a good idea after all. You had finished your studies at Jujutsu High some years ago, and after that you had been a bit lost with what you wanted to do with your life. You didn't want to be a jujutsu sorcerer, you didn't have the constitution for such a job, but you also didn't know what else you could do. At least not until about a half a year ago.

You had applied to study sociology at a university away from Tokyo. You had gotten in on a trial basis, which meant you had to complete enough credits in a half a year to get into the degree program. You'd studied hard and gotten all the credits you needed, so you'd been in the degree program for about three months now. The commute was a real pain in the ass though, so you had decided you wanted to move to the city the university was in.

You'd found an apartment, and now you were sitting there, alone. The reality of how alone you were was really settling in. Your family was in your hometown, and everything else you'd ever know, was in Tokyo, and you weren't. Maybe you were finally an adult, living away from the small town you'd grown up in and the city where you lived your high school years. This certainly wasn't dorm life anymore.

You laid back on the bed and stared at the ceiling. You missed Gojo already, even though it had only been about a day since you last saw each other. Just like that, your phone lit up with his name on the screen.

"Oh thank god" you muttered as you picked up the phone and answered the call with a chipper: "Hi"

"You settling in okay?" he asked.

"I guess" you sighed. "It's just..."

"What is it doll? Something bothering you?"

"Well, kinda yeah... I never realized how lonely it would feel, being away from you and everyone else. I just saw you yesterday and I already feel like we haven't talked in weeks" you chuckled wryly.

"I'm sorry I can't be there with you, I'll see you tomorrow though, if the mission ends by then"

"Yeah, I know. Do you think we can make this long distance thing work?"

"Of course we can doll. It's us, we can make anything work" Gojo said cheerfully.

"Except for that one Ikea shelf" you joked.

"Except for that one Ikea shelf" Gojo sighed in defeat.

"You're really not very good at building things, but it was fun to watch" you laughed.

"Well I'm glad you had fun" you could basically hear Gojo roll his eyes over the phone.

Gojo smiled as he heard your laughter over the phone. He missed you already, even though it hadn't even been a day since you last saw each other. Gojo wanted to support you and your dreams, so he would never have told you not to go and study, even though it was pretty far away from him. He just knew he was going to miss you a lot, he already felt like it had been forever since he had held you in his arms.

Someone tapped Gojo's shoulder to get his attention, probably to tell him it was time to go.

"I gotta go, sorry doll. I'll see you soon" Gojo promised.

"Be safe, love you" you told him.

"I will, love you too"

After Gojo hung up, you exhaled deeply and sat up on the bed. You knew he was going to be extra clingy when he was eventually able to come over, because he hadn't seen you in a while. You were actually looking forward to it. Maybe it wasn't going to be so bad. You would get a lot of alone time, and Gojo would most likely be at your place every minute he possibly could.

"The distance makes the heart grow fonder, huh" you muttered.

You really hoped that would be the case.