Back to me (Nanami)

A/N: I just wanted some Nanami fluff. Idk what this really is, but I just wanted to write something and I didn't actually have a plan for this. Might be kinda OOC since I've never really written Nanami before, but eeeh

"I know he's Gojo's student, but I'm sure he's not nearly as annoying" you chuckled as you set down two cups of tea on the kitchen table.

You sat down opposite of Nanami and took a sip of your tea.

"I'm well aware of that. I don't think anyone can ever match that idiot in how annoying he can be" Nanami sighed. "Could we not talk about him? Just thinking of that blindfolded moron is raising my blood pressure"

"I know, I know. I'm just a bit nervous about tomorrow. I know you don't particularly like babysitting, but you are a good mentor. I'm just hoping you're not too hard on him" you smiled softly and reached for his hand that was resting on the table.

Nanami laced his fingers with yours gently, and raised his gaze from your hands to your face. He just looked at you for a while, memorizing the details of your face like it was the last time he was going to see you. He knew that was a possibility, especially in his line of work.

"You worry me sometimes, you know, going all quiet like that" you said.

"I'm just making sure I get a good look at you. I don't ever want to forget your beautiful face" he smiled softly, his eyes searching your face for any signs of annoyance.

"That's sweet... would you like a closer look?" you smirked and stood up, stepping closer to him.

You placed your hand on Nanami's cheek and he kissed your wrist, before pulling you closer and into his lap.

You giggled as he looked at you adoringly, feeling yourself blushing under his gaze.

"I love you" Nanami said.

You felt flustered and didn't understand why his words had such an effect on you. You'd heard those words before, many times, and while you always got butterflies from hearing them, the reaction wasn't usually this strong. Maybe it was just the way you said it. Looking at you with such adoration and love that it made your heart flutter, even more so than usual.

"Kento?" you asked quietly.

"Hmm?"

"Just promise to come back to me safely, okay?" you said, fiddling with his collar.

"I promise" he pledged.

"I love you" you smiled softly and pulled him into a kiss.

Nanami's other hand was in your hair and the other one on your waist, pulling you as close to him as he possibly could. He didn't really understand what he'd done to deserve someone like you, someone so wonderfully kind and strong. Whatever the reason, he was going to hold on to you as long as he could.