A Day Worth Waiting For (Gojo)

A/N: I really felt like writing some angst with Gojo. Also I'm feeling kinda shitty, so I needed something to cope with it. I'm not suicidal specifically, but it keeps kinda flashing in my mind as a "you could do that though" if that makes sense. I started writing this like 3 months ago, but I didn't finish it then, so I'm writing it now

Warnings: Self-harm, blood and suicide attempt-ish

You were just laying on the floor, staring at the ceiling. You had no clue how long you'd been laying there. It might have been minutes, or it might have been hours, you had no idea.

You didn't feel anything, you were just numb, maybe not even numb, every emotion just felt the same. It was like all the colors were gone.

You stretched your hand towards the ceiling. You were wearing a t-shirt, so you could clearly see the scars that covered your wrist. There were no fresh ones, hadn't been in a while, but the urge was still there, the urge to rip your skin open and let your life bleed out of you.

And why wouldn't you? There wasn't anything here for you. Gojo would be fine without you, he was the strongest, after all. He would probably even be better off.

"It's decided then" you muttered while getting up from the floor.

You tried writing a note, and even though the idea of ending your life made so much sense in your head, you couldn't figure out a way to explain it on paper. The only words you managed to put down were "Forgive me, Satoru. I hope you don't curse me too much". A few tears fell on the paper, smudging the ink.

You went to draw yourself a warm bath, before rummaging through the drawers under the sink to find a razor blade. You threw off your sweatpants and climbed into the tub in your underwear and a big t-shirt.

You exhaled deeply, before looking up at the ceiling. Were you really going to do this? Were you ready to leave yet?

That's when you heard the bathroom door open. You quickly submerged the razor blade and hid it under your thigh before Gojo saw it. You managed to cut yourself in the process. How did you not hear him come into the apartment?

"Whatcha doing in the tub with your clothes on?" he smirked from the doorway, not yet putting the situation together.

He was just standing there, looking like his normal dashing self. He took off his blindfold, like he always did when he came home to you.

"I fell in" you lied.

Gojo took a step closer, chuckling, about to say something, when he noticed the blood in the water. The smile died on his lips as he realized what was going on. He knelt down next to the tub and grabbed both your hands, checking your wrists.

He sighed in relief as he realized you hadn't done anything yet. Then where was the blood coming from?

You saw the panicked look in his eyes as he still held your hands in his while looking for the source of the blood.

"I nicked myself-myself when trying to hide the razor blade" you hiccuped, tears welling up in your eyes.

"Oh doll" Gojo said softly, before pulling you up with him as he stood up.

He took your shirt off you and grabbed a big, fluffy towel, wrapping it around you.

"I need you to talk to me, and I think you need that too" Gojo said as he stood in front of you.

There was something different about the way he looked at you. Anger you would have recognized, but this wasn't it. Fear? Was it really fear you saw in his eyes?

"Satoru?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay? You look kind of scared" you noted.