Dirty Dishes (Geto)

A/N: Guess who's venting again. I'm okay, and I'm hopeful that this is just a momentary slump, but things do kinda suck atm. I guess this would be a non-curse AU one, the reader is in university, Geto has already graduated and is working somewhere unspecified. The reader and Geto are not living together yet

You had been laying in bed, playing around on your laptop the whole day. You had opened a few of your school assignments, multiple times actually. You just couldn't come up with anything for your learning diary, and the research for your essay wasn't going well either.

"Screw this" you muttered and closed your laptop, getting up from the bed and placing the laptop on what was supposed to be your work table.

Nowadays, the table just seemed like a storage place for your dozens of water cups and bottles. There was also a rectangular empty spot on the table, next to all the bottles and cups, which housed your laptop. The rectangle was also devoid of the dust that had settled on every other surface of the room. You really needed to clean, but you couldn't be bothered to.

Geto hadn't been over to your place for about a month. You hadn't let him, you were too ashamed of the state of your home. You had always gone over to his place or you'd just gone out with him. You didn't want to let him into your apartment, because of the state of disarray it was in.

You had been so preoccupied with your laptop the whole day, you hadn't even noticed Geto's texts. So when your doorbell rang, you had no idea who it was. You went to check the peephole and there he stood, your boyfriend.

"No no no no no, fuck" you groaned with a hint of annoyance in your voice.

You didn't want to let him in. Maybe you should just pretend you weren't home? Your lights were on though, so he already knew you were there. You didn't want to leave him standing outside either. You debated about it in your head for a moment, before deciding to see what he wanted. You didn't really want to let him in, but you felt like you didn't really have a choice. Maybe him breaking up with you over your disgusting living habits would finally get you to clean.

You opened the door, and found Geto carrying two bags of groceries that you hadn't noticed when you had checked the peephole.

"Hi Suguru" you greeted as you moved aside so he could get in.

"Hey love" he smiled, setting down the grocery bags to take off his jacket.

"What are you doing here?" you inquired, as nicely as you possibly could.

"You didn't answer my messages, so I decided to come see you. Plus, I thought I'd make you some food"

"That's a nice thought" you sighed. "But I would have rather come to you"

Geto was growing a bit suspicious of what was going on with you. You were standing in the small corridor leading to the rest of your apartment, as if you didn't want him to go past you.

"Is everything okay?" Geto asked with a worried look on his face.

"Yeah, I just wasn't expecting you" you tried to assure him, but you weren't very convincing.

"Let me put these in the fridge, and we can talk, okay?" Geto said, pushing past you and walking further into the apartment.

You almost wanted to physically stop him, but you stopped yourself from reaching for him and just followed him into the kitchen quietly.

Geto hadn't been to your place for a while, but he had to admit that he was surprised about the state of your home. He moved a couple of juice cartons out of the way, before setting the grocery bags on the table. He looked around the kitchen. Your sink and the counter next to it were full of dirty dishes and your table was covered in all kinds of trash, such as juice cartons and empty cups of yogurt.

"Oh love" Geto sighed compassionately.

You had managed to keep your crying quiet up to that point, but as soon as he said that, you just started sobbing, which made Geto whip around and pull you into a hug.

"I-I know it's dis-it's disgusting, I'm sorry, I'm sorry..."

"I'm sorry I didn't notice you were having such a hard time. It's not disgusting, it just happens sometimes, you have nothing to be sorry for" Geto comforted you as you cried in his arms.

You didn't want him to see you like this. You could keep up appearances for a while, a couple of days even when you spent the night at his place, but you couldn't take care of your home right now. You could barely take care of yourself.

Geto held you as you cried, and when you eventually calmed down and took a step back from him, he still held your hand.

"It's okay love, I know it can be hard to take care of your home when you can't even really take care of yourself, I've been there" Geto smiled gently.

"You have?" you wiped your cheeks with your sleeve as you gave him a bit of a confused look.

"Yeah, I guess I haven't really talked about it, but I had a hard time around the time high school ended for me, so I do get what you're going through" he said, rubbing circles on the back of your palm with his thumb.

"What helped you with it? I know I've been through this before and I feel like I should be able to deal with this by now, but I feel like it's harder every damn time" you sniffled.

"Satoru helped me through it. He was already my best friend back then and even though he was really annoying and obnoxious, he did help me a lot" Geto explained.

"That sounds like Gojo to be honest"

"The annoying and obnoxious part, or the helping part?" Geto joked.

"Both?" you chuckled.

"There's that smile" he said and placed a hand on your cheek.

You leaned your head into his hand and looked up at him lovingly.

"I'm going to start doing the dishes, you can help if you feel like it or do something else, but I promise I'll help you with this"

"I can start by collecting the trash from the table. It's easier for me to do things when you're here"

"That sounds good to me" Geto said.

"Hey Suguru?"

"Yes?"

"Thank you for helping me, I appreciate it" you said and kissed his palm that was on your cheek.

"Of course love" Geto smiled and pressed a kiss on your forehead, before stepping back and turning toward the mountain of dishes.

"Let's get started" you smiled.

Things were always easier when he was around.