One and Only, Always (Geto)

A/N: I'm not having the best time right now, and I wanted to vent so here's some comfort with Geto. I'm in uni currently and it's causing me a lot of stress right now, also depression spiral and shit like that basically

"What do I keep doing wrong?" you muttered as you laid on the floor of the bedroom.

You didn't understand. Everyone else could do it. All your other classmates could go to school, work and take care of their family at the same time. You couldn't even manage school, and to take care of yourself at the same time. Geto being so busy all the time was kind of a relief, honestly. You were so tired all the time, and managing the relationship was hard, so it was easier when he wasn't there. You hated that you felt this way. You loved him so much, but being around him, around anyone really, was just extremely tiring.

"What are you doing down there, love?" Geto asked from the doorway.

You hadn't even heard him come in.

"Thinking... I guess" you answered reluctantly.

"What about?" he asked as he sat down on the floor at the end of the bed.

"Nothing in particular, I'm tired so it's kinda hard to keep my thoughts in order so I'm not really sure either" you sighed.

You crawled to Geto and rested your head on his thigh. He was wearing sweatpants and a long sleeved shirt. You were so used to seeing him in his monk robes that it was a bit odd to see him looking so casual.

"Why are you home so early anyway? I thought you had meetings the whole day?"

"I wrapped them up quickly, besides it's not really early, it's seven in the evening" he chuckled.

"Oh... I knew that"

"What's going on with you? You've been a bit distant as of late" Geto noted.

You sighed, he never missed anything. He didn't always say something right away, he sometimes observed the situation for days, weeks even, before saying anything.

You pushed yourself up to a sitting position and sat next to him. Geto wrapped his arm around you and caressed your shoulder with the tips of his fingers.

"I don't know, honestly. I don't have any good reason to be depressed again. Like fuck, I've been in uni for a year and I'm already on the verge of burning out. I don't understand what I keep doing wrong, because there has to be something." you said.

"Oh love" Geto sighed sympathetically.

"I can't just be this-this broken piece of shit! I can't just be this useless!" you exclaimed in frustration, banging your head against the end of the bed.

Geto placed his hand between your head and the end of the bed, so you wouldn't hurt yourself.

"You're going to hurt yourself, stop" he said kindly but sternly as he forced you to lean your head against his shoulder.

"I don't know what-what to-to do Suguru. I don't want to be here if I can't be useful to someone" you started sobbing.

Geto pulled you into his lap, and you buried your face into his chest. You didn't mean to break down like this. You didn't want to be a burden.

"You're not useless love, you're not. You saved me back when we were in Jujutsu High, if it wasn't for you, I probably wouldn't be here right now. You're my rock, and my light, the love of my life" Geto said as he peppered kisses on top of your head and embraced you tightly.

He hated seeing you like this and maybe even more than that, he hated that he wasn't sure how to help. Geto let you cry it out. He held you until your tears ran out, and you got your bearings again.

"I'm just so tired of this, I don't want to feel like this anymore. I want to be able to do things like everyone else can, and not just be left behind every fucking time. If I can't even do that, then what's the point?" you said quietly, fiddling with his shirt.

"Honestly, that's something you're going to have to discover for yourself. I don't think any of us get a straight answer anyway, we all have to find our own meaning" he said, looking at you softly.

You met his eyes, those beautiful amber eyes that always looked at you with such love. You searched his expression for any signs of dishonesty, but you never found any, not now, not ever before. His honesty towards you was one of the big reasons you loved him.

"I can tell you this though, you're a big part of my meaning. I don't know what I would do without you, I feel like my life would be lacking if you weren't here" he smiled.

"I love you Suguru, I think the only reason I've been able to keep going for this long is because of you" you said and placed your hand on his cheek.

"I don't think I deserve the credit for that. You're the one that's kept fighting and pushing through all the obstacles" he said, moving your hand that was on his cheek so he could kiss your palm.

"But you're my reason for fighting, you're a part of my meaning too" you smiled tiredly.

Geto pressed his forehead against yours and whispered: "You're my one and only, and I love you, don't ever forget that" before kissing you softly on the lips.

His one and only, always.