Sweet dreams (Toji)

A/N: I'm procrastinating to avoid my school assignments lol. I really need to go to sleep so I apologize if this is nonsense, but I think it ended up being okay

You'd had a long day at work again, and you were exhausted. Toji hadn't been home for a couple of days and as usual, he didn't let you know how long he would be away. You weren't really sure he himself knew when he would even come back, but it would be nice to hear from him. At least to know that he wasn't dead in a ditch somewhere, not that that was really a concern, he was very rarely even injured on his jobs.

You were dragging your feet, not wanting to go home to an empty apartment. At least you had leftovers from last night's take out, so you had something to eat when you got home.

When your home finally came into view, you noticed there were lights on in the apartment. You had been in a hurry in the morning, but it was very rare for you to forget to turn off the lights. You just sighed, the thought of Toji being back not even crossing your mind. You just climbed up the stairs to the second floor and entered your apartment with a yawn.

You noticed a pair of familiar, big shoes in the hall, and a smile spread across your face. He was back.

"Toji?" you called out, just to make sure.

"I'm here, princess" a voice came from the living room.

You suddenly found yourself feeling a lot less tired than before. You quickly kicked off your shoes and hung up your jacket, before making your way to the living room. Toji was sitting on the couch, a can of beer on the coffee table in front of him. In addition to the beer can, there was an empty box on the table that used to have your leftovers in it.

"You ate my food" you stated as you placed your hands on his shoulders while standing behind him.

"Yeah, I was starvin" Toji said, leaning his head back to look at you. "But there's more in the fridge"

"Oh? Well aren't you considerate" you said with a smirk and kissed him on the forehead, before making your way to the fridge.

After you were done eating, you basically glued yourself to Toji's side on the couch. He wrapped his arm around your shoulders and you started watching a movie. Not even thirty minutes after you'd started the movie, you were already feeling sleepy. That particular work day had really taken everything out of you.

"I think I'm gonna go to bed, I'm really tired" you yawned.

"I think I'll join you" Toji said, stretching as he got up from the couch.

You walked to the bedroom, throwing all your clothes on the floor aside from your panties, before grabbing one of Toji's t-shirts from the closet and throwing it on. He followed your example of throwing his clothes into a pile on the floor, aside from his underwear. You both went to brush your teeth, but you stopped on your tracks when he turned his back on you to leave the bathroom.

"You should tell me when you get hurt" you said shakily from behind him.

"It's just a scratch, don't worry about it" Toji said, rubbing the back of his neck as he stopped walking.

"It doesn't look like scratch, more like it might need stitches" you carefully place your hand on his left shoulder blade, where a big gash now decorated his skin. It was almost as long as your hand.

"I'm fine princess, I promise" Toji sighed, turning around and taking your hand. "We were supposed to go to bed, remember?"

"Yeah, I know, but you can't fault me for worrying" you sighed.

Toji pulled you along and you settled into bed, where you snuggled up next to him. He could still see that your eyes were filled with worry and that you were upset he hadn't told you.

"Hey, my heart's still beatin ain't it?" Toji said, grabbing your hand and placing it on his chest.

You closed your eyes for a moment, just focusing on feeling his heartbeat under your palm. It was there, as strong and steady as always.

"Yeah, it is" you muttered.

Toji caressed your shoulder as you laid on your side, facing him.

"You got nothin to worry about princess, I ain't goin nowhere" he said and pressed a gentle kiss on your forehead.

"I know, but I'd still like to know if you get hurt. I can help you with that at least you know" you said as you drew circles on his chest with your finger.

"I'll make sure to tell you about every scrape I get from now on" Toji smirked.

"Good" you smiled and pulled him closer.

You kissed the corner of his mouth, where his scar was, before whispering: "Sweet dreams, lover boy" and cuddling to his chest.

"Sweet dreams indeed" Toji muttered, as he settled next to you on the bed, holding you close.