HT5.

YURI WHITE
DALLAS, TX

SEPTEMBER 9, 2021

YURI yawned as she slowly got up from bed. Her head was pounding. She cried all night, and she couldn't stop. Yuri walked out of her old bedroom to go to the bathroom but stopped in her tracks, hearing her mother yelling.

"That boy got me fucked up, Malcom! He took my baby to dinner to tell her he got some hoe pregnant!" Taylor yelled, and instead of going to the bathroom, Yuri made her way downstairs. She saw her father sitting on the couch and her mother pacing around the living room.

"He wasted three years of my baby time! And not once did that lil nigga bring up marriage." Taylor continued, "And you liked his no waves having ass. Ouuuu I knew it was something about his ass, always cheesing with them perfect ass teeth." Taylor shook her head.

"Tay, calm down." Malcom spoke, and Taylor stopped her pacing and looked at him. "I'll handle it." Malcom added on, and she dropped the mug she was giving him.

"You better. Cause id go to his momma house and tear ha ass up for making his sorry ass." Taylor spat, "Good morning." Yuri spoke up, making her presence known.

Her parents looked at her, and her mother's face softened up. "Good morning, baby girl. How are you feeling?" Taylor asked, and Yuri shrugged her shoulders. "I feel fine." Yuri answered, and Taylor opened her arms.

Yuri broke down crying again, making her way into her mother's embrace. "Ima fuck him up, Ri; don't worry." Taylor said, consoling her daughter.

"It's fine, momma. You don't need to. I'm over it." Yuri stated, No, you're not baby, and that's okay; his sorry ass wasted three years of your time. You deserve to cry." Taylor said, rubbing her back.

"You gon feel better, baby." Malcom said, rubbing her back as well, "It's like getting a new oil change; the car always get back right after." He added on, and Taylor looked at him.

"You are so corny. You really had to make a dad joke at this time?" She asked, squinting her eyes at him, and Yuri chuckled a little bit. She could never be sad around her parents; they always found a way to make her happy.

"And? It made her feel better. Malcom responded, and Taylor shook her head before looking at her daughter. "Fuck men, okay? Fuck them. You don't need them, ya hear me?" She said raising her eyebrow, and Yuri nodded her head.

"You said that real hard. I'm included in that?" Malcom asked, "Yes, Malcom fuck you too." She said waving him off as she unwrapped her arms around her daughter.

She stared at her before kissing her forehead. "No more tears, alright?" Yuri nodded her head, sniffling.

"I know it hurts, but you'll get over it, Ri. Promise." Taylor wiped her tears before kissing her forehead.

_________

Yuri sat in her bed, feeling the comfort of the big t-shirt as she indulged in the movie "A Thin Line Between Love And Hate." With each spoonful of Blue Bell vanilla ice cream, she found solace in the sweet taste, momentarily forgetting the heartbreak she had been through.

Even though she had just finished crying, she decided that was enough for tonight because she was starting to get a headache. She contemplated about texting and calling him many times, but she'd just be embarrassing herself.

He basically had a whole family, and even though that's how she planned their life in the future, he found it elsewhere. And what hurt the most was that he did it during a time when she needed him. Yuri felt a deep sense of betrayal.

A time when she didn't feel like herself, and he just up and decided to do what was "best" for his needs.

Yuri was brought out of her thoughts when she heard knocking on her front door. She didn't bother getting up; if it was Brooklyn and Rhylee, they'd just have to go away and understand she wasn't in the mood.

Yuri scooped up some of her ice cream; the knocking grew louder, causing her to frown. She sighed, reluctantly setting down her spoon and throwing off her covers to see who was at the door.

Yuri made her way out of her room. She walked down the dimly lit hallway of her apartment until she reached the front door. Without bothering to look through the peephole, she opened it.

Yuri's heart raced as she laid eyes on Mazi standing there. Despite the overwhelming urge to cry, she managed to maintain her composure. Placing her hand on her hip, she asked, "What you here for?"

"To give you ya key back." He spoke up, and she held her hand out, but he didn't give it to her. "You not gon let me in?" He asked, raising his eyebrow.

"For what, Mazi? Just give me my key and go." She said she didn't want to be around him at all. It would only hurt more.

"Cmon Ri." Her gaze locked with Mazi's pleading eyes, she hesitated for a moment before stepping aside. He walked in, and she closed and locked the door behind him.

"You really done?" Mazi asked, and she nodded her head. "The shit was a mistake, Yuri. You really gon throw three years away over a mistake?" He asked, and she mugged him.

"A mistake? And your still fucking blaming me, Mazi! This is your fault! Your throwing three years away, not me." She spat, "I'm not blaming you bro, but you don't think we could get past this shit. Cmon Ri." He spoke, stepping closer to her.

Yuri stared at him with tears clouding her vision. "I love you, Yuri, and I wanna marry you, you know that." He voiced.

Yuri's lips trembled, and she shook her head. He grabbed her arm, pulling her towards him. "You don't love me, nomo?" He asked, staring down at her.

Yuri took a shaky breath, moving away from him. "No. No. I don't." She stated firmly, Mazi jerked his head back slightly.

"So it's like that now?" He asked, staring at her, trying to catch her gaze, but she was staring at the floor. "Yuri." He called her name, and she looked at him.

"Can you leave?" she asked, the tension hanging in the air. They stood there in silence for a minute. "Man, fuck you then bitch. Don't even know why I tried with yo ass anyway." he spat, throwing her key on the floor. Her eyebrows furrowed deeply, a mix of surprise and disappointment on her face.

He was salty as fuck she said that; he definitely didn't expect her to say that. For some reason, he thought he'd be forgiven easily. He'd mistaken her kindness for weakness.

"I ain't kissing yo ass," Mazi added angrily, snatching the front door open. Yuri shook her head at him. "Bye Mazi," she said, watching the door slam shut.

______________________________________

Yuri need to get her get back .🤦🏾‍♀️