HT37.

YURI WHITE
DALLAS, TX

APRIL 18, 2022

YURI'S gaze shifted from the menu to the elegant surroundings of 'The Henry,' the restaurant selected for her and her friend's lunch gathering.

The aroma of freshly prepared dishes mingled in the air, enticing her senses. Her eyes narrowed as she pondered between the tantalizing options of a savory chicken salad or a classic turkey sandwich, her lips curling slightly in thoughtful consideration.

"Yuri!" Yuri's attention was suddenly grabbed by the loud call of her name echoing through the restaurant. She couldn't help but frown as she realized it was Rhylee's playful attempt to embarrass her, causing all eyes to turn in her direction.

Yuri observed Brooklyn and Rhylee making their way towards the table. When they were close enough, she stood up and enveloped them both in tight hugs, her excitement nearly causing them to lose their balance.

Yuri felt like it had been ages since they last met, and she was a bit sad because they usually made time for each other. However, she understood that they all had different things going on in their lives and different priorities, which is why Rhylee had organized this afternoon outing.

"Damn girl!" Rhylee exclaimed, feeling some of the wind get knocked out of her lungs. "I missed y'all so muchh," Yuri said dramatically, squeezing them tighter.

"Ok—goddamn Ri— let up," Brooklyn managed to push out, making Yuri release them and give them a playful glare. "Y'all must didn't miss me.. why y'all acting like that?" Yuri asked, making Rhylee playfully roll her eyes.

"You know we missed you, Ri" Rhylee said as she took a seat and placed her bag on her lap.

Rhylee's fingers brushed through her flawlessly styled blonde lace front, which had a side part, her edges swooped perfectly. "You ordered already?" she queried, her eyes glancing at Yuri's direction, "I only ordered mimosas." Yuri responded and Rhylee nodded.

"I missed y'all. Texting and FaceTiming don't cut it for us; I need to see your faces in person," Rhylee said with a slight pout. The group preferred going out together rather than relying on FaceTime and texting, finding it more enjoyable that way.

"I know— we on our grown woman shit being all busy." Brooklyn remarked making the girls laugh a little.

"I've been trying to find a space to start doing nails." She had made a New Year's resolution to venture into new activities, initially starting with painting but finding it less engaging over time.

Which led her to her next activity which was trying to do acrylic nails. While her initial attempts were challenging for the first two months, the process gradually captivated her, fueling her desire to improve. By the end of February, she noticed significant progress and realized the potential for it to become an income and she would most certainly be a fool if she didn't make it one.

"Why you ain't ask me? I can help you find a spot"  Rhylee offered, but Brooklyn shook her head. "No, it's okay, I'm actually looking into one right now." Brooklyn responded Rhylee only nodded in response not saying anything else.

The women were deep in conversation when the waitress glided over, a black round tray perfectly balanced on her hand. It bore three champagne glasses filled to the brim.