HT16.

YURI WHITE
DALLAS, TX

NOVEMBER 16, 2021

YURI held her phone in her right hand while her left remained on the steering wheel as she FaceTimed with Rhylee and Brooklyn.

"She driving like a nigga. She dangerous." Brooklyn joked, making Yuri roll her eyes. "Where you going?" Rhylee inquired.

"To see her nigga! You see she got her hair done and been outside ever since." Brooklyn answered Rhylee's question making Rhylee laugh.

Yuri smoothed out her hair before tucking a loose strand behind her ear. "Once again, it's not like that," she mentioned, parking in front of Kash's tattoo shop. "Girl, bye," both Brooklyn and Rhylee chimed in simultaneously.

Yuri unbuckled her seatbelt and stepped out of the car, holding a bag from Canes. She didn't even want to tell them she was bringing Kash lunch they would never shut up about it. But Yuri was just doing it as a nice gesture.

"Don't get pregnant, Yuri, because I still want to go outside!" Rhylee teased, causing Yuri's eyebrows to furrow.

"Rhy you are so loud!" Yuri exclaimed, shaking her head as Rhylee and Brooklyn laughed, prompting Yuri to end the call. Entering the tattoo shop, Yuri noticed there were more people inside now, making the place louder than it was when she first came here.

Yuri opened her phone sending a text to Kash asking him where was he. She then heard someone call out, "Excuse me, miss!" With snapping followed after the sharp voice, and it made Yuri furrow her eyebrows as she turned to see the receptionist looking in her direction.

The receptionist, a young woman with brown skin, a septum piercing and a blonde lace front, stared at Yuri while popping her gum. "Do you have an appointment?" she asked, tilting her head. "No I'm wa—." before Yuri could finish, the receptionist rudely cut her off, saying, "If you don't have an appointment, you can't stand here."

Yuri scrunched her face up, "You would know why I'm standing here if you would've let me finish talking with your rude ass." Yuri retorted.

The girl's face twisted, about to say something, but Kash's voice interrupted her. Yuri turned her attention away from the receptionist as she noticed Kash walking toward her.

"You ain't see me text you?" Kash asked and Yuri stared at him, "She with you K?" The receptionist asked, shifting her gaze from Yuri to Kash.

Yuri gave the girl a nasty look.

Kash responded with a quiet "yeah" before taking Yuri's hand and guiding her to the back, entering a different room from her previous visit. Closing the door behind them, Yuri surveyed the room. It was minimally furnished, containing only a desk, a couch, and a Kash Inkz poster on the wall.

"Stop standing there all stiff and shit. Sit down," Yuri smacked her lips at his comment before placing the bag of Canes on the desk. Kash took a seat in the chair behind his desk and grabbed the bag.

"Your receptionist is rude." Yuri shared, because if she was rude to her she knew she was rude to other people as well. "Yeah? What she do?" Kash asked leaning back in the chair and placing the food container on his lap.

"She was just mean to me because I was standing there and she snapped at me too." Yuri told him, "I'll talk to her." Kash replied putting French fries in his mouth. Yuri stared at him as he ate, he was looking really good today. His locs were put back into a loose low ponytail where Yuri could see his whole face.

He wore a short-sleeved shirt, which revealed more tattoos on his arms that were hidden by hoodies. "Why you still standing up?" Kashton asked, Yuri tilted her head at him. "Where ima sit?" Yuri asked

"Right here." Kash moved the food container off his lap and placing it on the desk. Yuri looked at where he was referring to, would that be a good idea? Definitely not.

"Or you could stand there like a weirdo." Kash added, and Yuri rolled her eyes, moving to the other side of the desk and taking a seat on his lap. "You just want to be close to me." she remarked, staring at him.. Kash didn't say anything.

"Can I have some?" Yuri asked, reaching over to grab a chicken tender and some fries before he could respond. "You said some, and I know you ate before you got here. You greedy." Kash said and Yuri shrugged.

"What you doing today?" Kashton asked Yuri. "Going to see my parents. You doing something today?" she asked. Kashton shook his head and put two fries in his mouth.

"You should come over since you don't have anything to do." Yuri suggested, and Kash furrowed his eyebrows. "Who said I ain't had shit to do?" Yuri smacked her lips in response. She knew he didn't have anything to do and if he did he was going to come over after anyway.

"Please we could watch a movie and make cookies." Yuri said and Kash leaned back in the chair putting his hand on her hip, which she acted like she didn't notice to stop herself from being weak in the knees.

"If it's a movie like that other lame ass movie you put on I'm not coming." Kash told her and She rolled her eyes.

"Malcom and Marie was so good." Yuri said, "That shit made me fall asleep."

_______________

Yuri sat in her parents' kitchen as her mother cooked dinner, preparing green beans, mashed potatoes, cornbread, and fried chicken. Yes, Yuri came to give her parents a visit but she was taking a plate home too just because they were her parents. Maybe even some for Kash too.

"When the food going to be done Ma?" Yuri asked and Taylor looked at her.

"Ask the food." Taylor responded making Yuri stare at her blankly. "It's almost done girl. Your hungry ass. You don't even live here no more and you still eat up all the food." Taylor remarked, shaking her head as she moved the chicken around the pan.

"Ouu Momma I need your baked Mac and cheese recipe." Yuri asked, but Taylor looked at her as if she was crazy. By the look on Taylor's face Yuri didn't even know why she tried her luck and asked.

her mother acted like her cooking was top notch and everyone would want to cook like her if they had her "secret" recipe when her recipe was only the original with a few tweaks.

"Now Mariah you know I don't play like that." Taylor pointed at her daughter and Yuri rolled her eyes.

"Mommy please. I'm your daughter, you're acting like I'm going to tell the whole world." Yuri said with a pout, Taylor squinted her eyes and put her hand on her hip.

"When you need it?" Taylor asked and Yuri smiled

"Before the 20th." Yuri replied and Taylor rolled her eyes. "Don't ask me for shit for Christmas. This your Christmas gift." Taylor said making Yuri laugh.

__________________________________

🤭