HT39.

YURI WHITE
DALLAS, TX

APRIL 30, 2022

Unscrewing the top of her Dior Glow lip oil, Yuri carefully removed the applicator from the tube and glided it over her lips, evenly spreading the oil. After replacing the applicator, she pressed her lips together to ensure smooth coverage.

Raising her gaze, Yuri caught sight of Rhylee weaving through the bustling crowd, her hands expertly balancing two drinks without a single drop wasted.

Rhylee raised an eyebrow as she remarked, "They didn't have the lemon drops you like. Which is weird how you a bar and run out of drinks?" Yuri chuckled softly and reached for the glass before her, observing the brown liquid with a lime perched on the rim, almost overflowing with refreshment.

Yuri took a cautious sip from the small black straw, her expression momentarily contorting at the unfamiliar flavor that greeted her taste buds. It resembled a fruity version of Hennessy, different from her usual choice, and she quickly decided she wasn't a fan and she wouldn't be getting it again.

Yuri's gaze swept over The Gallery Lounge, taking in the dim lighting, and the lively chatter around her. It was just introduced to her tonight by Rhylee who invited her out tonight.

Yuri watched as Rhylee took a long drag from the hookah, her lips wrapped around the tip as she inhaled deeply. She didn't understand how Rhylee and Brooklyn enjoyed hookah so much, considering her own experience left her feeling dizzy the first time she tried it.

Yuri frowned to herself thinking of Brooklyn, her other best friend that should be with them right now.

Yuri set her drink aside and casually brushed her hair over her shoulder, her eyes fixed on Rhylee who was recording herself dancing with the hookah hose in hand. Rhylee must have noticed Yuri's focused gaze.

Rhylee's eyebrow arched as she paused her video, turning her attention to Yuri. "What?" she inquired, setting her phone on the table. Yuri shrugged, her gaze fixed on Rhylee.m, "You don't think we should've invited Brook? She would've like this, you know she love hookah."  she remarked.

Rhylee's mood visibly soured at the mention of Brooklyn's name. "I don't care what she would've liked. I'm not thinking about that girl," Rhylee retorted to Yuri with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

Yuri sighed, her eyes rolling slightly. "I just fell like y'all doing too much. Both of y'all." she remarked, emphasizing that she wasn't taking sides because they were both overreacting. Rhylee waved her hand dismissively.

"As I said, Yuri, ain't nobody thinking about that girl" Rhylee reiterated.

Yuri remained silent, opting to reach for her phone resting beside her drink on the table. Rhylee mentioned she wasn't concerned about Brooklyn, but Yuri was.

She was concerned about their friendship, which is why, without Rhylee's knowledge, Yuri had already invited Brooklyn.

She felt they were both overreacting and decided to intervene since they seemed unable to resolve the issue themselves.

Yuri checked the message from Brooklyn, she read Brooklyn's message announcing she was here. With a swift tap on her phone screen, she texted back the section they were in. Afterward, she pressed the power button, setting her phone down on the table.