HT23.

YURI WHITE
DALLAS, TX

DECEMBER 24, 2021

YURI pressed the snowflake-shaped cookie cutter onto the dough. It was Christmas Eve, and as they had planned, Kash was coming over. Yuri was happy that Kash decided to be with her on Christmas Eve.

Last year wasn't so great for Yuri. She and Mazi were together at the time, and she had planned the entire Christmas Day for them, only for him to be at a Christmas party instead. Even when Yuri was supposed to visit her parents' house on Christmas, she didn't go because she had made prior plans with Mazi, who ended up not showing up.

But that was old news and so is Mazi. Yuri was with a different person this time, Kash. And right now he was definitely showing her how he is better than Mazi.

Yuri's phone rang, making her look over and notice her mother was FaceTiming her. She quickly grabbed a paper towel from the roll to wipe her hands before answering the call. Her mother's face popped up on the screen, and Yuri smiled at the sight of her mother with her hair neatly pressed.

"Aw momma you look cute." Yuri complimented. Taylor flipped her hair over her shoulder, giving Yuri a 360. "Cute? Girl I look good! Okay!" Taylor said making Yuri roll her eyes.

"Not too much Taylor." Yuri said and Taylor eyebrows furrowed. "Don't play with me Mariah," Taylor said. Yuri picked her phone up off the counter, "Where y'all going?" Yuri asked pushing some of her hair behind her ear.

"To this Christmas party. You want to come?" Taylor asked, and Yuri shook her head. "I'm okay," Yuri declined.

"You sure baby? It's nothing for us to come get you, you know that." Taylor suggested. "Momma I'm okay. I'm not a little girl. I can stay in the house by myself." Yuri reassured her.

"Alright now. I love you RiRi." Taylor said, making Yuri smile. "I love you too, Ri!" Malcolm called out in the background, causing Yuri to laugh. "Okay I love y'all too. Have fun, be safe." Yuri told them as the call ended.

Yuri sat her phone back down on the counter to finish making the cookies. A knock echoed on the front door making Yuri huff before leaving the kitchen to answer the door. She stood on her tiptoes to peek through the peephole.

Yuri smiled as she opened the door and saw Kashton standing there, holding two bags—a Nike duffel bag and a Christmas gift bag. She glanced him over, noticing he was comfortably dressed in an all-black Nike tech outfit with his locs tied up. "You're early," she remarked, leaning up to press their lips together.

"I almost fell asleep," Kash said, stepping into Yuri's apartment. She glanced at the Christmas bag in his hand. "What's that?" she asked, Kash looked at her a little smile on his face

"You nosy." Kash said, Yuri rolled her eyes. Kash looked Yuri over, biting his bottom lip staring at her. She had tried a new color, a 613 wig, styled with a middle part and straightened.

His attention shifted to the clothes she was wearing, and he sucked his teeth. She had on a matching pajama set, black with Christmas hats on it.

"It's cute right?" Yuri asked with a smile, "I said don't pick no weak shit. You picked the weakest shit ever." Kash said and Yuri frowned. "Don't do that. I think it's cute." Yuri defended

Kash sighed, the shit he'd do to make her happy.

"Go get it." Kash told her. She smiled and flipped her hair over her shoulder before heading into the living room to retrieve the pajamas, returning swiftly.

"I'm not putting that shirt on," Kash stated, grabbing the pajamas from her. Yuri kissed his lips before letting him walk away.

Yuri returned to the kitchen to finish making the cookies. She had already made some regular chocolate chip cookies, but she wanted to make Christmas themed cookies just for the aesthetics.