HT33.

YURI WHITE
DALLAS, TX

MARCH 22, 2022

YURI rested her head on the palm of her hand, gazing at Kash across the table. His eyes were focused on his food as he took the pickles off his burger,his face mugged up because he hated pickles.

Yuri laughed to herself as she continued to stare at him, she didn't know why it was so unbelievable to her that she was in love with him.

Maybe cause of the heart break she suffered seven months ago, but Kash has been gradually mending her heart throughout the four months they've spent together.

Yuri snapped out of her thoughts when Kashton grabbed her hand. "Here," Kash spoke, pushing a plate of French fries toward her. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "These are yours," Yuri said.

Kash stared at her, "You said you wanted more French fries." Kash responded. Yuri smiled softly, "I'll just order some. You can eat your fries." Yuri said, pushing the plate back over.

Kashton stared at her before pushing the plate back towards her. "Eat the fries," Kashton said, letting go of her hand. Yuri rolled her eyes playfully, grabbed the ketchup bottle, shook it, patted the bottom, and then lifted the top.

Squirting ketchup all over the crispy fries, she closed the lid and set the bottle down. Yuri picked up a fry, taking a bite, she looked at Kashton who was already staring at her while he drunk from the straw of his lemonade.

Yuri smirked, "Don't stare at me like that." Yuri spoke making him laugh a little. He sat the cup down and stared at her.

"What we doing today?" Kash asked, and Yuri's eyebrows furrowed. "Don't you have to go back to work? We can wait..." Yuri responded.

They were at a place they found and decided to have lunch since Kashton had some free time. For the past week, Yuri only had the chance to see him in the morning before he left for work, when he finally got to have a lunch break, and at night when he came to get her to go to his apartment or stay at hers.

But Yuri didn't mind; she knew it wasn't intentional, he was just booked up. Besides, she appreciated that he always texted or called her between clients.

"Nah, I could take off for a minute." Kashton said. Yuri smiled, then frowned, not wanting to take him away from work. "It's okay, Kash. I can wait, and we can do something tonight," Yuri suggested.

Kashton stared at her blankly, "What we doing today Ri?" he repeated. Yuri smiled, pondering what they could do. However, nothing came to mind. She gazed at the plate of French fries, lost in thought about their plans for the day.

She then shifted her gaze away from the plate, offering him a small smile. "Let's just do whatever, I don't care," Yuri suggested. His eyebrow raised, "You just want to do anything?" Kashton questioned, and Yuri nodded, picking up a French fry and putting it into her mouth.

"Whatever you want."

_______________

Yuri held a plastic bag in her hand, with a large grey blanket tucked under her arm. Her idea of doing anything was a picnic; she found it cute and had always wanted to have one.

She did one, once with Rhylee and Brooklyn but that didn't turn out to good because once Rhylee seen a bee she was over it.

Kash wasn't too hype about it but this is what she wanted to do. Why would he say no to her?

Yuri unrolled the blanket and laid it out on the light green grass. Setting the bag down, she took a seat on the blanket and glanced over to see Kashton standing there with the box of pizza.

Yeah they just ate not too long ago but Yuri was in the mode for pizza so they got pizza.

"Sit down," Yuri said with a smile, patting the spot next to her. Kash complied, placing the pizza box in the middle as he stretched out his legs. "I'm too big for this shit, Ri," Kash remarked, lifting up the hat on his head and turning it around.

"No, you're not," Yuri responded, surveying the scenery around them. It was the end of March, and the blooming flowers and radiant water created a beautiful scene in front of them.

"You sure this the weather for this?" Kashton asked, reaching for the plastic bag between them. Yuri shrugged, "I checked, and it was 70. That's good, right?" Yuri said.

Kashton shrugged as he peered into the plastic bag, "I don't know why i sent you in the store I knew exactly what you was gon get." Kashton spoke, pushing past all the snacks to grab a bowl of fruit with different assortments.

Yuri rolled her eyes, "Stop acting like you know me; I just grabbed anything." Yuri said, watching him open the container. "I do know you. Here." Kashton said, passing her the container.

Yuri took a pineapple from the container, questioning, "Do you really though?" She stared at him tilting her head, as she bit into the sweet fruit.

Kashton nodded, staring at how pretty she looked right now—her glossy, round lips, her dark moisturized skin glowed. The fresh, medium-sized knotless braids pulled into a ponytail, showcasing her entire face.

"I could tell you so much shit about you that you probably didn't even notice." Kash responded, which was true because he was really observant especially with her.

Yuri tilted her head, her eyebrows furrowed, "Really?" she questioned, passing the container to him. He sat it down on the pizza box, pulling his legs up..

"You look at your nails when you thinking about something." Kash said, she frowned. "No I don't." Yuri responded and Kashton tilted his head at her

"A'ight... how many beauty marks do you think you have?" Kashton asked. Yuri pushed her lips to the side, thinking deeply. She looked down at her nails, trying to remember how many beauty marks she had.

Why would he ask that? Who counts beauty marks?

Kash laughed, "Bro, you just did it." Yuri's eyes widened slightly before she chuckled. "Okayyy... I guess you're right," she said, leaning over to kiss his cheek.

"How many beauty marks do I have?" Yuri asked, as if it were a trick question for him. He licked his lips, rubbing his goatee.

"Four," Kashton responded, and Yuri squinted her eyes at him. "Now I feel like you lying..." Yuri said, and he sucked his teeth, his hand grabbing her face and tilting her head.

"One," he counted, looking at the dark beauty mark under her jaw. "You got another one on your thigh," Kash said, and Yuri just stared at him as he pointed out the other two places.

He really did know her, Yuri smiled leaning forward pressing their lips together. "I love you." Yuri said

"I love you more, phat," Kashton said, bringing her face closer and kissing her lips three times. Yuri loved hearing him say it back; it sounded so natural and sincere, like he truly meant it.

She was relieved this wasn't a situation like with Mazi. She recalled telling him she loved him, and he waited a whole year to say it back, claiming she "didn't know what love was yet." Now, looking back, she found herself agreeing with him because what she had with him wasn't love; she didn't even know what to call it.

But that wasn't the case with Kashton he always gave her the same energy back. Always.

_______________________________________

Love themmmm ! Bear w me yaal, it's a light chapter because I'm writing another book !

Yaal can go read if yaal want.