HT9.

YURI WHITE
DALLAS, TX

OCTOBER 4, 2021

YURI groaned shutting her eyes tightly as the sun seeped into her room. She didn't know what she was thinking going to club with Rhylee. Rhylee partied too hard for Yuri.

Yuri sucked her teeth hearing her phone ring, she reached over grabbing it. She lifted her head up to look at the caller ID seeing a group face time call. Yuri had no choice but to answer because they would keep bothering her.

Joining the group face time, Yuri moved her face out of the camera only showing her bonnet. "Girl get up! Why is you still in bed?" Yuri heard Rhylee ask making Yuri smack her lips.

She didn't understand how she was so energized.

"Because I got a headache Rhy." Yuri answered and Brooklyn cackled loudly, "This what happens when you hang with Rhylee ass." Brooklyn said and Rhylee rolled her eyes.

"Anyways. O'Shea came home with me last night... and babyyy!" Rhylee smiled widely shaking her head thinking of last nights events between her and O'Shea.

"You fucked him?!" Brooklyn and Yuri asked at the same time, Rhylee curled her top lip up jerking her head back. "Duh." Brooklyn sighed.

"Rhylee y'all just started talking." Brooklyn mentioned, Rhylee waved her off. "Girl we grown don't nobody got time for that shit. Get straight to the point." Rhylee responded.

Yuri shook her head as sat up slowly so she wouldn't worsen the banging headache she had. "Yuri needa do the same" Rhylee said and Yuri looked at the camera.

"No I don't. I'm good." Yuri said making Rhylee smack her lips. "Girl I could get you with one of Shea's friends." Rhylee suggested and Yuri let a sigh. "I don't need you to do that Rhylee I'm okay." Yuri assured her.

"Then what are you going to do Yuri? You can't —."

"Rhy she said she good." Brooklyn cut Rhylee off making Rhylee suck her teeth, if Rhylee wanted to say something she was going to say what she had to say. "No because I don't want her to keep sulking over his nasty cheating ass."

Tired of the entire conversation Yuri hung up the phone. She didn't want to hear that, she knew Rhylee meant well but if she wanted to.

Getting out of bed Yuri stretched her limbs, to go get ready for the day. She didn't really have much to do only a few errands and go see her parents. Yuri decided to make her some breakfast first and take an advil so she could get rid of the nasty headache she had.

_____________

Yuri came from getting her nails and feet done. Her nails being the classic French tip and her toes being the plain white just something simple and cute especially since it was fall season.

Yuri decided to make going to her parent's house her last stop. So she came and stopped by to see Rhylee and she knew Brooklyn was here, she brought Starbucks along with her as well.

The sound of the bell chiming announced Yuri's entrance, capturing everyone's attention. Expecting only Rhylee and Brooklyn, Yuri was surprised to find O'Shea and Kash also present.

"Good morning." Yuri greeted receiving the same greeting, "You really my bestie! How'd you know I wanted Starbucks?" Rhylee smiled at Yuri walking over to her giving her a hug and kiss on her cheek.

"Because I know you. Duh!" Yuri chuckled. "I'm sorry I didn't bring any for you guys. I didn't know you'd be here," she said to O'Shea and Kash. "Nah, it's cool Ri, we just showed up," O'Shea replied.

"What y'all was doing?"Yuri asked, settling into the seat beside Kash. "Nothing really. Me and Brook were talking about going to get something to eat." Rhylee informed Yuri and Yuri nodded her head. The room fell into silence, with Rhylee and O'Shea engrossed in their conversation while Brooklyn was occupied on the phone.

Yuri pulled out her phone, scrolling through Pinterest—fashion and art boards filled her feed. Kash took a glimpse at her screen, "You like shit like that?" Kash found himself asking.

"Fashion and art?" Yuri confirmed, surprised he initiated conversation but shrugged it off. "I love fashion and art," she admitted with a broad smile.

Kash looked at her intently— It wasn't rare to find people who like the same things as him it was rare to find people who like it just as much as he did.

"You ever been to an art gallery?" Kash asked as he pulled at his chin hair, "I haven't, I really want to though. I can't find any good ones over here." Yuri told him and he licked his lips.

"I know one, it's called Fortae, you ever heard of it?" Kash asked and Yuri shook her head no. "Expected. It's a little far and low key but it's good shit. A lot of black artists work." he explained, capturing Yuri's attention as she listened to him talk.

She made a mental note to look up the place and go there with her friend or something.

"You free Saturday?" Kash asked and Yuri blinked, "hm?" Yuri hummed so he could repeat himself. "I said is you free Saturday?" He asked again and Yuri nodded her head.

"Ima take you." he offered. Yuri furrowed her brows slightly, "like a date?" Yuri didn't know if she was ready for that just yet.

"Did I say that?" He asked and she shook her head. "Aigh then it's not a date. I'm just taking you somewhere." He said before standing up out of the chair he was sitting in.

"Let me see your phone," Kash requested. Yuri unlocked her phone with Face ID, passing it to him. Holding the phone with his left hand, he dialed something on the keypad before returning it to her.

"Ima hit you up." Kashton said, licking his lips. "Okay," Yuri replied as he walked away, dapping O'Shea before leaving, the door chiming on his exit.

"That is the most he has ever talked! He only say about three words" Rhylee teased and Yuri rolled her eyes a small laugh leaving her lips, while O'Shea laughed, he still defended his friend. "Chill on my boy, he just gotta warm up to folks."

Yuri blocked them out as she stared at the new contact in her phone under 'K'.

___________________________________

Hi ! Kash talking to Yuri !

I finished my other book so all my focus on this one now !