✯ chapter seven

『 ↝ one after the other ↜ 』

~ ✯ ~

THAT NIGHT, LANCE TOLD HERSELF SHE WOULDN'T FALL ASLEEP, JUST IN CASE. She wanted to be in full alert because she knew something bad was coming. She wanted to stay up to listen closely if maybe any floors creaked or if she heard any tumbling at all.

However despite all her efforts, and tries to stay up in case of an emergency, she failed. After all those sleepless night she had spent worrying about the letter from Abby, she simply knocked out from exhaustion.

The next morning she woke up in panic. It was around six am. She immediately got out of bed and rushed into Andie's room. As expected, there was no one inside, her bed was empty, but made, the room cleaner than ever.

"Shit, shit, shit." She cursed herself as she stumbled downstairs to see if she was maybe making her breakfast or reading a book on the couch. She was not infact there. Even her mom was still asleep. She went to the entrance corridor and saw her coat and shoes that were missing.

"Fuck!" She cussed as she ran back upstairs and ducked under her best friend's closet, just to notice her backpack was missing.

"No, no, no!" She let out in panic as she quickly descended downstairs and sloppily put on her shoes, not even bothering to slip on a coat on this chilly, cloudy morning.

She went straight to the only person she knew, could potentially know something. She went to Mr. Whitlock. She herself had no special connection with him, but she knew that Andie particularly enjoyed talking to the old barista.

"Excuse me," she muttered while trying to get through to his bar.

"Sorry, this is urgent." She exclaimed the moment she set foot in the tavern, pulling Mr. Whitlock's attention away from the young couple sitting at the bar. After a better look, she mentally slapped herself for running into such a coincidence, where it turned out to be none other than Dina and Ellie.

"Yes?" The worried barista asked the newcomer. She looked back at him from the couple that was now also staring at her with interest, as to why she was in such state so early in the morning.

"Was Andie here yesterday, perhaps?" She quickly asked the nice man, who visibly relaxed his previously tense muscles, thinking it was 'nothing actually serious'.

"Yeah she came by for an apple juice. Just like usual. Is there a problem?" He asked with a bit of worry coming through at the end.

"Did she say anything? Anything that would have set you off? Did she mention anything suspicious? Or did she maybe say how she was feeling?" She let out a word vomit, stuttering a couple times along the lines.

Ellie has now recognised her as the girl who called her and Dina assholes a couple days ago for seemingly no reason. She was intrigued by her. She did seem very mysterious, and also wondered why she'd never seen her before.

"She didn't say practically anything, now that I think about it. She was awfully quiet. She did really act under the weather.." Mr. Whitlock recalled yesterdays events.

"Shit, sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for everything. Really. I've got to go!" Lance rushed out back to her house.

She knew what she had to do next. But to do that she had to wait until everyone fell asleep which was a huge disadvantage to her.