✩ chapter twenty three

『 ↝ shootin' star ↜ 』

~ ✩ ~

ANDIE TRIED HER BEST TO BE DELICATE WITH HER CURRENT OCCUPATION. She sure as hell wouldn't want to hurt Ellie even more, while trying to clean up her wounds. She wrapped the bandage gently around her shoulder.

Yesterday, while leaving the office building a bullet grazed Ellie's shoulder, creating a not so deep wound. She still preferred to be as delicate as she could.

She was sitting on an upside down crate, curating a big plaster to heal her secret crush. Earlier that day, she woke up on an empty mattress. When she looked around with her head still hurting, she could only notice the lack of... everything. The room she was placed in was awfully void and quiet.

When she got out to explore she noticed Ellie laying on another futon, in another room. She woke her up, worried that they were in danger, isolated somewhere. After exploring a bit though, they deemed the place clear and Andie had the brilliant idea to help cure Ellie's wounds.

So here they were. The brunette was finishing up already, only cleaning off dirt off of Ellie's fragile but hard skin. When she finally put the damp cloth away, she put her hands on her closed thighs, staring at them for a moment, as if wondering about something non-important.

In the next while, she lifted her gaze to look at Ellie, only to find her already observing her every muscle movement. No words were exchanged then. Andie looked at Ellie as intently as she was being watched herself.

She couldn't help but crack a little smile, as she stared right into Ellie's deep eyes. She adored every feature about her. It truly felt like she had no flaws. Her eyes lingered on her crushes long and brownish eyelashes, before moving down onto her nose.

The corners of her mouth were lifted sentimentally, knowing that all she was seeing there would never be hers to own and openly adore. When her gaze finally lowered even more to her lips, she felt as if she almost couldn't contain herself.

The only thing cursing in her veins and neurones was one simple word, one simple action. Just one simple kiss. One simple kiss and Andie could die happily right then and there. One simple kiss and Andie could never experience sadness again.

Her train of thoughts was interrupted by the loud sound of doors opening. Both girls replaced their sentimental and loving stare towards each other, for a worried and cautious one towards the dark hallway, just a few feet away from them.

However, both their doubt were rapidly lifted when they realised who cane through the door. In front of them. Ellie looked back at Andie, before realising what she was supposed to do.

"Umm," she cleaned out her throat. "Andie, these are Tommy and Jesse, and uh... yeah, this is Andie." She said introducing both parties to each other. Both men almost simultaneously nodded at the girl with manners, to which she replied with a raise of her palm and a soft smile.

In truth, Andie knew exactly who those two were. Tommy was Maria's husband. He helped her rule things around Jackson. Jesse was a friend of Ellie's. One of the popular kids back in their hometown.

"Nice to meet ya" Tommy spoke in a gruff but soft texan accent. He sat himself on one of the crates surrounding the girls. Jesse soon followed. They now formed a little circle, which clearly meant a conversation was about to induce, which it did.