✫ chapter twelve

『 ↝ an unspoken agreement ↜ 』

~ ✫ ~

THE NIGHT WAS SHORT. Shorter than Andie had expected. The sunrise was starting to impose its way through the dark hues of the skies above. However, despite the actions that happened a little over an hour ago, it was peaceful. No unpleasant screeches, no groans of pain and no rumbling grounds. It was as steady as ever.

Andie was now on the outskirts of a large meadow, somewhere on a hill that probably wasn't even marked on her map. She didn't even know which directions he was heading to anymore. She just needed to clear her head. She told herself she'd worry about that when she's had some sleep.

But it was impossible, with the source of her headaches right next to her. The presentable Ellie Williams. Andie did not know why they had not split up the moment the were in a certain safety, but she didn't complain. She hated being alone. However, she would rather be there with someone that wasn't Ellie Williams.

Ellie was a lot. Not a lot to handle, she was rather calm at the moment, but a lot for Andie's poor mind to really understand. It's been so long since the days that she'd look outside her window, leaning on her hand and watching Ellie do whatever the fuck she was doing. Andie was different now. She grew colder. And all those feeling coming back to her was not a nice sight to behold.

She knew that if Ellie said a word, just one word, Andie would throw herself into a fire pit for her. She just needed to tell her to leave her alone and she would gladly do that. She had enough. Because as painful as it was to admit it, she couldn't initiate the conversation about them separating. She would just continue walking alongside Ellie, praying that she'd tell her to leave.

But Ellie did not. Ellie also hated being alone, more than anything. The few hours spent with the stranger brought her the comfort she missed since she left Jackson. The comfort she needed. All she had to do is imagine that she was holding Dina's hand instead of the stranger girl's.

She imagined that all those softly spoken words she had heard that night, were Dina telling her sweet nothings, laying in bed before going to sleep.

The only reason she had not yet split up with Andie, was because she could just imagine her being someone else. She could seek comfort in her, imagining another human being, while scolding herself for doing it at the same time.

Sure, Andie was pretty, but in this wicked world her expectations for a gay crush were hovering low above the ground. She found Dina and Cat to be a miracle.

It's not like she had any interest in Andie whatsoever anyway. Not platonic and certainly not romantic. All she wanted to do was to rush home and kiss Dina all over her face.

But at the same time Ellie was mad. She was mad at Abby. So she knew she had to go and kill that motherfucker for taking her last solid source of happiness on this cruel planet. She wanted her death to be long and painful, with all her loved ones watching. Unable to stop her from dying gruesomely.

Ellie knew her fantasies were cruel, but this world was fucked anyway. It wasn't this rainbow-y land that existed before the outbreak. This was survival. This was life or death. This was a world where everyone's primal instincts truly shoved their way through. It was a world full of animals.

So yeah. Ellie was acting on her primal instincts. Both with her wicked revenge plan, mean fucking feelings and the comfort that she was seeking in a stranger. It was toxic and she knew it.