✩ chapter twenty six

『 ↝ new beginnings ↜ 』

~ ✩ ~

USUALLY MOVING INTO A NEW HOUSE CAME WITH a truckload of packaged cardboard boxes, suitcases full of clothes and a whole lotta tiring work. Or at least that's what Mr. Whitlock said about that's how it worked pre-breakout, although to Andie it seemed just simply bizarre, because now was her moment to move into a brand new house and it wasn't anything like that.

She was standing with a single box of her few belongings and a backpack with the same exact equipment she used during her long voyage. The box, which was very embarrassing to retrieve after having caused auntie so much heartbreak, was a miracle in itself. Andie knew it would be probably best to wait until she calmed down a bit and then very apologetically and politely go ask her to just get it, and then shed be on her way, but how long can a mother grieve the tragic passing of her beloved child? It surely wasn't gonna be a couple weeks or even months, and Andie-- wether she wanted to admit it or not, needed her things, such as her toothbrush or clothes. 

In the end, a very pissed auntie never allowed her back into her house and just went to gather her stuff and threw it out of the window, through which the teenager used to watch Ellie, whenever she happened to be passing through there. A very embarrassed Andie had to pick up her stuff from the newly-melted-snow and dirt mixture, wishing and praying that no one was currently passing by.

But now it was over. Although her grief for Lance, regret of not making sure that Lance wouldn't follow her and guilt of being an indirect murderer of aunties child never went away. How could it be that her sister was such a brutal murder? It was normal to kill in this fucked up world, but not Lance! She knew she was being irrational, but she needed an excuse for all that she was feeling right now.

"You alright?" Ellie asked from the inside of the house. Andie got out of the trance she was in and took a solid look at the house. She knew it very well. It was a very pretty and homey off-white wooden house, the old property of Joel Miller. Apparently, after they came back to Jackson, Maria proposed to Ellie that she could move from the garage to the main house, if it maybe made her feel closer to him, to which she reluctantly agreed to. 

"Where the hell did that come from?" Ellie asked confused, motioning to the box with her belongings. Andie immediately felt herself get sweaty and way too hot. She had no idea how to explain that some belongings of hers randomly appeared in her hands, without ever retrieving them.

"I well, uh.." Andie started unsure of what to say, shamefully looking down to the floor. "Well Maria gave me some stuff to get settled in.. you know?" She finished unsure, praying that Ellie would eat this excuse up. And luckily for her, she did. She only nodded, shrugged and walked off.

Andie let out an exasperated sigh that she had no idea she was even holding. Her quickly incoming future was going to be weird and a fucking rollercoaster. She squeezed her eyes shut, as if to convince herself that she couldn't do anything about it anymore, and she finally walked into the house.

As she walked around, looking for a place to sleep, Andie came to the horrid realisation that there was only one bed. She laughed nervously and mentally slapped herself for being so weird right after.

"What's up?" Ellie asked walking in behind her. She looked at Andie, trying to follow her eyes to see what she was looking at. When she discovered that it was the bed, she quickly realised the same thing that her friend did just a second ago. But instead of a reaction that Andie would expect, she just smiled teasingly and threw herself on the bed, as if to show that she was gonna be sleeping there, and if Andie wanted a bed too, shed have to join her.

But the younger girl was not having it. She huffed and turned around on her heels, letting Ellie know that shed find her place on the couch. And that shell be perfectly fine there. Her words, folks. 

~ ✩ ~

"So what is this place?" Andie asked walking around an almost square-like room on the first floor of the house, right next to the stairs. She watched the wooden, hand-carved guitars hung up on the walls. Her eyes followed down to the desk, where another one was in progress.

Ellie sighed, gulping inaudibly. This place brought back some memories she definitely needed to let go of, but she just couldn't. Sure, her life seemed almost perfect right now. Except it wasnt. She lost Joel, and let his killer go. She couldn't even do something as simple as killing one fucking person. Ellie was well aware that if it had been her, Joel would've wiped out the whole Seattle without a second thought.

"A work room, I suppose." She answered her friends question slightly down from what she was just thinking about. Andie put down the small wooden elephant she was just inspecting and turned around, sensing Ellie's sadness. She knew there was something wrong. But, I mean, who didn't have any problems in this fucked up world.

Regardless, she came up to her and after a brief second of convincing herself it wasnt anything special, she impulsively hugged her crush for the first time in her life, making her dreams almost come true. She tangled her arms around Ellie's neck, struming her while doing so.

Ellies never felt something like that before. She smiled warmly, and wrapped her hands around the shorter girl, melting into the hug. She placed her chin on Andie's shoulder and closed her eyes, squeezing the girl, not wanting to let go. She felt as though she really needed this hug. 

Andie was surprised by Ellies response to her sudden move. She expected this tot be a short and awkward embrace, but instead she got this. She couldn't complain. Andie nuzzled up into her neck.

Ellie reluctantly pulled away, still not letting go of the small hug. Instead she placed her hands loosely on the girls wait and looked her in the eyes. She inched closer, gazing into the other girl's eyes with an adoring undertone. Andie looked shocked, confused and absolutely stunned. She had no idea what was about to come. In a weak try to conceal her rigid emotions, she made the decision to still try an look confidently and lovingly into her eyes.

Just as Ellie was leaning closer and closer, she quickly turned the direction of her head aiming for her ear. "Thanks for that." She whispered teasingly and completely pulled away, walking out of the room.

Andie stood there, not knowing what to say or do. She was completely stunned. Is this what life was going to be like for the next however long? If so, she'd drive herself insane and out of the house before she'd even have the chance to go and properly greet Mr. Whitlock. She couldn't believe this.

She mentally punched herself, or rather completely beat herself up over how stupid she felt. She no longer had any idea if she girl was messing with her or if Andie was being fucking delusional, just like she was a couple months ago. This was going to be one hell of a ride.

~ ✩ ~

rosary thinks...

ulalala....;) 

I just came back from a party when I wrote this so I might've been a little.. off. ;)

Anyway soon incoming more and more Ellie x Andie action and I know y'all been waiting for this for agessss