✯ chapter twenty two

『 ↝ fight, fight and fight again ↜ 』

~ ✯ ~

ELLIE GRUNTED IN PAIN, AS SHE WAS BEING SHOVED TO THE GROUND. The two guards that were holding her hostage looked at her disgusted. One of them spit on the ground close to her and then started walking away. The other soon followed.

She grunted heavily resting for a little moment to catch breath. She groaned as she lifted herself on her already injured elbows to a sitting position. Ellie spit some blood in the ground that accumulated in her already dry mouth.

She laid there with her arms supporting her from the back and legs relaxed. She stared at the ground with her eyes barely open, contemplating her next move. She's just been thrown out of the facility into a concrete surface, for what seemed like no reason.

Sure, she killed like a bunch on their men, but then why didn't they just kill her on the spot? And where the fuck was Andie? After they separated, like an hour passed and nothing.

Just as she was thinking that, a shadow loomed over her. She looked up hesitantly, but quickly relieved her tense muscles upon seeing it was her friend, Andie. She let out a sigh, followed by a groan when the pain hit her again after her momentary relief.

"Are you alright?" Andie asked in an endearing tone, crouching down and putting a hand on Ellies shoulder. She scanned over her injuries with her eyes, and offered her other hand to help Ellie up.

"Yeah, 'ts just a few scratches. Thats all." The taller girl said through her teeth as she gladly took Andie's hand and stood up. Andie looked up at her worried.

"We need to get somewhere safe and take care of your wounds." She concluded with worry in her tone of voice. Ellie looked slightly down at her and smiled. She squinted her eyes for a second before saying; "i guess Abby wasn't in here after all." In a sullen tone.

Andie didn't reply to that. Instead, she just nodded her head with uncertainty and jerked her head slightly to the side, signifying that they should get going.

~ ✯ ~

The two girls were walking down a corridor in some office building. Andie had her arm slid under Ellie's shoulders, helping her walk, which was more painful than usual, because of her sprained ankle.

The walk was awfully quiet. Ellie wasn't angry, and surprisingly, Andie wasn't either. She felt numb. She didn't know what to think anymore. The one person she grew up with and cherished more than anyone had been killed by the one person that made Andie leave Lance and travel for months.

What was she supposed to do? She couldn't bring herself to kill Abby, because that way she would be left with no one. But the thing was, she knew she wasn't able to forgive her either. In her head, the best and maybe the only solution was to kill her in her mind. To forget about her and ignore her rage.

Yes, that meant living with unimaginable guilt, because when she could have avenged her best friend, she didn't. And she knew who it was, but Andie knew she'd never tell anyone who killed Lance, even if they tortured her.