✩ chapter twenty

『 ↝ red in the field of vision ↜ 』

~ ✩ ~

EVEN THOUGH THE WEATHER OUTSIDE WAS PLEASANT, Andie was a heavy storm on the inside. She saw red. Whoever did this to Lance was dead in her eyes. If you called her quiet before, she was dead silent now. She was a force to be reckoned with.

Ellie had never seen her like that before. She'd always perceived her as a timid girl. Like a people's pleaser. But now it was like she was with a completely different person. The Andie she met was no longer present.

But for all she knew, maybe it was better for her own health. Before meeting Andie, she'd been like a raging storm herself. She could never forgive Abby and she wanted to kill her with her own two hands. The rage she felt beforehand was resurfacing at a quickened pace.

When she was with Andie, she pushed aside her raging anger. Sometimes it was because Andie made her forget of all that was bad, but sometimes it was because she didn't wanna lash out on her or come off as simply rude and straight up hostile.

So now that Andie had no intentions of stopping her own feelings, not to hurt Ellie, she felt a sting to her heart. She let her feeling bubble up like boiling water in a closed kettle on a stove, just so she Andie didn't think less of her. Meanwhile Ellie didn't cross Andie's mind.

But that was a good excuse to feel her anger back again. She no longer needed to feel worried about the girl. Now she could truly go on a rampage and kill all of Seattle for all she knew. Except for Andie's family. That she didn't wanna do.

~ ✩ ~

The two girls were approaching a tall facility. The sight before them revealed a half overgrown building with the other half being fairly well kept. As Ellie was looking around, she noticed that there wasn't really a way around it. Inside of it, there was probably a swarm of infected, or looter's camp. Now that she thought about it, she really had no idea what she'd prefer to encounter, but probably the first because they were at least predictable to a point.

The heavy metal doors creeped open, just enough so that Ellie could see inside. It was a dark room with almost no light coming in inside. Andie opened the door without showing any struggle at all, and to their view came a small storage room with metal shelves. To their dismay though, it was practically empty, except for some glass shards and spider webs here and there.

Andie scoffed and moved on to another door, parallel to the one they came through. That one was locked. The girl momentarily searched her pockets and then looked at Ellie with her hands still shoved in her pants.

"Got a shiv?" She asked rather coldly. Ellie nodded and slid one strap of her backpack off of her shoulder. She opened the smaller pocket in the front and took out a hand-made shiv. "There." She said as she handed it to her.

Andie took it, very quietly muttering a small thank you. She took the shiv and broke the lock, opening the door. Another empty room. Andie's face immediately soured, but then her eyes widened the slightest bit and her ears perked up when distant voices of talking could be heard.