✯ chapter ten

『 ↝ a familiar face ↜ 』

~ ✯ ~

ANDIE WAS FEELING DIZZY. Her head was aching and she felt like she could throw up. The dark in front of her eyes suddenly became flashy colours of all shades that only made her feel worse. She swore that something didn't feel right with her body. She lost her perception of time and place and she felt mortally lost.

She started opening her eyes, a blurry and bright world emerging from before her. She blinked slowly, getting used to the place surrounding her. When she tried to pull herself up with any strength that she had left in her arms, she felt a cold, metal object press to her forehead. She looked up at her, and blinked again revealing a silhouette of a person, hovering over her head.

"Don't move." Said the person strictly and aggressively, pressing the cold metal thing that turned out to be a gun, further into the girls forehead, only worsening her pounding headache. Andie froze, frightened by the gun. Her consciousness was slowly coming back to her. And what do you know. The brunette recognised the person standing above her immediately.

"Are you bit?" She asked scanning over her body with her eyes while still stealthily holding up her gun. Ellie fucking Williams, was staring down on Andie's body. In the wrong context of course, but the sole thought was hard for her to believe.

'Ellie?' She wanted to call out. But she knew she couldn't because the girl had no idea who Andie even was. It would come off as weird or even stalker-ish.

So instead she just weakly replied with a "no". Ellie looks back into her eyes and retracts her gun. She puts it in her pocket and says, "Good. Come on, get up."

Andie weakly does as she's told, her arms nearly giving up on her. Ellie ignored the girl in need, but didn't fail to take into notice her worsening injuries. After the girl sat up, still leaning against the wall, Ellie grabbed her backpack and started searching through it. Andie stared in shock, realising she was being robbed, right in front of her eyes. The worst part was that there was nothing she could do about it. She had no strength.

"What are you-?" Andie stated, looking at Ellie rummaging through her backpack. The auburn-haired girl pulled out a pistol and looked at it throughly. She checked if there was still ammo inside, before saying:

"Okay, listen here. You give me this gun and I'll treat your injuries and I help you get out of this shit hole in return." Ellie proposed once again looking up from the gun, straight into the girls eyes. "What-?" She started a thought, confused in what world that trade would be a fair one.

"You're barely alive. If I wanted to, I could take your whole backpack and get out of here right now and there'd be nothing you could do about that. I'm offering you a trade only because I'm still a decent person." The taller girl replied, still crouching next to Andie. She knew Ellie was right, and that would be the best outcome of their meeting anyway, so she just nodded, leaned her head back and closing her eyes.

Ellie started rummaging through the backpack again, taking out a few bandages and stitches. She stepped over to the injured girl, before starting to apply pressure to her slit thigh.

"How'd you get that?" She asked trying to make a small conversation to release the thick tension that hung around in the room.

"Glass. I jumped from a window trying to run from a hoard." Andie replied , taking shallow breaths through her teeth between every word. Her whole leg was aching because of the alcohol that Ellie was now pouring on her scar.

"Shit." Ellie exclaimed impressed. She started wrapping the loose bandage around the girls leg when she decided to continue talking. "Are you travelling somewhere?"

"Yeah. Yeah I am." And replied after a bit of thought wether she should actually tell her or not. "Are you?" She asked, knowing the answer, because why the hell would Ellie be this far outside of Jackson? Even the patrols didn't require you to travel to a whole other state.

"I am." She answered, moving on to the girls upper arm. "What's your name? Mines Ellie. Ellie Williams." She answered trying to come up with anything to continue the small conversation. 'I know' the injured girl wanted to say. She knew exactly what her name was. She knew her date of birth, address even about her love life. But it's not like she could just casually tell her that.

"Andie. My names Andie Oakes." She answered, praying that Ellie wouldn't recognise her name from Jackson. The girl's face scrunched up but she didn't say anything anymore.

Andie knew she was gonna be let down. The moment Ellie didn't recognise her name, she knew just how delusional she was being the last few years. It was so painfully obvious that the taller girl had no idea that there was a girl, watching her from afar all these years back home.

She watched Ellie's face as she tended to her wounds. There were now multiple little cuts scattered on her face and arms. Her calm, yet dangerous expression hasn't changed though. Her eyes were just as green and deep as the last time she ever saw her, only this time they seemed duller. As if she lost her spark sometime after Andie left.

Andie knew that didn't happen just because, so it was obvious to her that something tragic must've happened to Ellie. Whatever the reason was, the brunette didn't like it.

"Here. Can you stand up?" She reached a hand to Andie, offering to help her get back on her feet. After a bit of struggle, the brunette was standing still, and even crouched down to pick up the pistol and give it to the taller girl. She closed her backpack and slid it on herself with a face scrunched up, realising just how heavy it was.

Meanwhile Ellie was watching her intently. She had absolutely no reason to help this stranger girl whatsoever. But she did. And she had no idea why. It was a very spontaneous and impulsive decision. It wasn't like her. The Ellie from a few days ago would've just searched through her backpack and left. And if the girl showed any signs of hostility in response for the robbery, she would just kill her with no emotions displayed on her face.

And yet for some reason, not only did she patch up the stranger's injuries, but she also offered to help her out of the facility. She didn't know if it was because she was grieving, and suddenly feeling much more sympathy towards other people's lives, but she did not regret helping that girl for one moment. They would separate the moment she left this building anyway. Her name would just somewhere to the back of her head, with the 'It sounds familiar, but I have no idea where I know it from' type of thoughts.

She couldn't lie. Even with the girl in critical state, she was still a very nice sight to look at. She definitely resembled someone Ellie had met before, but she just couldn't connect the dots. Her eyes were very enchanting just like her round face.

She made her think of Dina. In a way.

Ellie was harshly pulled out of her thoughts train when the ground they were standing on abruptly grumbled.

"Shit!" Andie's cursed as she frantically grabbed onto the taller girls upper arm.

~ ✯ ~

rosary thinks...

A shorter chapter than usual, I am sorry. Soo... what do you think about some first Ellie-Andie action? We'll see, we'll see...