Nissa (9)

Salar and Mehru came to the Yousafzai Mansion after the Rukhsati. They could see the house light up from the corner of the street. As Salar's Audi pulled up on the porch, all the fairy lights in the garden were turned on, making it like a fairyland in the darkness of the night.

Aliya, Meenay, few other relatives and all the house help was waiting for the newly wed couple on the entrance. As they marched up to the front door, rose petals were thrown at them in order to welcome them. Mehru couldn't stop smiling the whole time. It was more than she ever dreamt of. Aliya, Meenay and Rehmat aapa hugged her. All the house help greeted her with utmost respect, love and made a small prayer for her. It felt like home, yes, she was finally home.

Meenay showed Mehru Salar's room which was now hers too. It was the first time she ever saw his room. A finely furnished master bed room with a huge bed in the middle, a small couch and other minimalistic furniture made it elegant. There were no extravagant decorations placed in the room, it was just perfect according to Salar and Mehru's preference.

As she laid her eyes across the room, she noticed that everything was prim and proper. Her clothes and other accessorize were already placed in the wardrobe, thanks to Rehmat appa. But there was one thing missing.

Mehru faced Meenay and said:

"Meenay.... Sheru kahan hai?.... Mein ny kaha tha keh woh mere saath aye ga" she sounded low. And yes, Mehru had started calling Zarminah by her nickname right after the Baat Paki which made Meenay overjoyed.

"Bhabi woh mere kamray mein hai.... Aap kahein toh idher ly aoun?" Meenay asked politely and Mehru nodded in return.

Until Meenay came back with Sheru, Mehru made herself familiar with the room and it's belongings.

"Oyee Sheru idher aao mere pas.... This is your new room okay?" Mehru said as she took Sheru from Meenay and placed him on the cushion above her dress.

"You can call me if you need anything else" Meenay smiled at her and left the room.

After a few minutes, Salar entered the room, hoping that he would find Mehru on the bed, all dressed up in her beautiful Nikkah outfit but who are we kidding here? It's Mehrunissa Khan, a not so typical desi bride. Instead of sitting shyly on the bed, she was standing in the balcony, looking at the lights that lit up the garden and of course with Sheru in her arms. When she heard Salar's voice she turned around to look at him.

"Toh yahan hain aap" Salar said as he leaned his body sideways on the balcony's sliding door. Effortlessly hot and brutal as hell.

"The house looks so beautiful, I can't get over it" Mehru replied.

"Just like the way I can't get over you" Salar came and stood infront of her.

Mehru blushed as she lowered her gaze, still petted her cat.

"Sara piyaar iss bilay ko he deny keh iraday hain?.... Ya humein bhi kuch milay ga?" Salar seemed jealous though he was grinning.

"Jealous much?" Mehru answered as she made a teasing face.

"Jealousy meri abhi dekhi kahan hai aapny.... Warna yeh beech ki billi idher na hoti" Salar spoke as he tried to pat Sheru who instantly tried to bite him in defense.

Seeing Salar's face, Mehru laughed so hard. After judging Sheru's reaction she finally let him go.

"Tum donoun mein zaida farak nahi hai waisay.... You also responded like that on our first interaction" Salar looked down at Sheru who left the two alone in the balcony.

"Actually the thing is.... Hum donoun he logoun par jaldi trust nahi karty" Mehru said proudly in his eyes.

"Ohh.... Acha toh yeh baat hai.... Laikin ab toh aap trust karti haina Mrs. Mehrunissa Salar Yousafzai" Salar took her hands in his, asking her gently while giving her the reality check that she's his now.