Sahil (2)

Present Year (2023):

Toronto, Canada

 "Sabs, it's Daniel.... Meeting Room 102" Kristie said as peaked through the half-opened door of Saba's office.

"Right now?" Saba replied.

"Yep right now?" Kristie nodded as she closed the door.

"Allah Miyan, please not this time" Saba mumbled as she got up from her chair and marched towards the meeting room.

As she entered the room, she noticed Daniel was talking to a man who had his back at her. She went closer and said:

"Daniel, you called-" Saba couldn't continue her sentence because the man to whom Daniel was having a chit chat turned around and now faced her directly. Saba's eyes grew wider in utter shock. She froze instantly. It was Ahil, Ahil hussain, yes the same guy who she had met a few days back in front of the coffee shop.

"Yes I called for you Sabs. I wanted to introduce you to your new co-partner Mr. Ahil Hussain, a very successful prosecuting attorney."

"And Mr. Hussain this is our very talented employee, Ms. Saba Lodhi. I am sure you guys would get along-" Daniel was interrupted by Saba.

"Daniel, may I have a word with you alone?" she requested. Both of them stepped aside few meters away from Ahil, who stood there, examining the situation with a calm on his face as if he didn't bother.

"What is it, Sabs?" Daniel spoke reluctantly.

"I should be asking you this, Daniel. I submitted the case few days ago and you approved it yourself, then what's with this co-partner thing?" Saba sounded pissed.

"Sabs, calm down, you're getting it wrong. Mr. Hussain isn't here because you aren't credible enough, you and I both know what you're capable of. I hired him because of his excellent success rate plus the department needs more employees like him, it's for the agency's betterment." Daniel answered in a rather polite tone.

"But Daniel-" Saba wanted to say something but he didn't let her finish off.

"We'll talk later Sabs" Daniel patted Saba's shoulder and marched away.

"So Mr. Hussain, sorry for the interruption, we just agreed that Saba can show you your new office and the firm too, maybe?" Daniel addressed Ahil who now placed his phone in his pocket and then looked at Saba with blank eyes.

"Daniel I think-" Saba tried to speak but Daniel as expected, didn't let her.

"Right Saba? You don't have any problem..... Do you?" Daniel persuaded.

 "Y-.... Yes.... I will" Saba murmured under her breath because she understood what her boss was trying to say here.

"Good.... Now, I'll leave you guys to catch up. I'll see you around" Daniel concluded.

 "Hmm" Ahil nodded as he shook hands with Daniel. After Daniel left, the two were now alone in silence. As awkward as it could be.

 -----------------------

10 years ago:
 Lahore, Pakistan

 It was 7:30 in the morning. Since the classes used to start from 8:30am onwards so the campus was silent at this hour. Ahil, as usual, was an early bird. After talking the stroll of the campus, he used to come to his class at 7:35 am sharp. The class had 4 doors in total, two at the back and two at the front. Ahil entered the class from the back door and to his surprise someone was already there.
A the girl laid her head on the desk in front of her. Ahil couldn't see her face but he could depict that the girl was none other than Saba Lodhi. Ahil left the door opened after him.