Sahil (6)

Present Day

Toronto, Canada

The next day Saba went to his office to return the jacket that she had worn the other day.

"Yes come in" Ahil responded while turning back from where he was standing.

(Let's just assume that he's not christian grey)

"Umm.... Just came here to return the jacket" Saba said as she marched towards his direction, who was standing in front of the glass panel of his room.

Ahil nodded.

As Saba placed the bag on the chair, Ahil's phone rang.

"Dumbo calling"

Saba couldn't help noticing the caller ID because the phone was lying on the table right before the chair, her face turned blanked.

Ahil proceeded in order to pick his phone. Saba in utter confusion turned around the very instant when Ahil was standing right behind her. Both moved first right and then left, mirroring each other. To kill the awkwardness, Ahil stepped aside to give her the way.

"My bad" Saba looked at the floor and walked away.

Ahil picked the phone in order to check who called.

"Tabhi iss keh mu par bara baj gaye thy.... Anyways" he chuckled and redialed the number.

Saba on the other hand, came rushing to her room, looked the door and sat on her chair.

"What the hell did I just see?" She said to herself.

"I can't be wrong.... Mein ny sahi parha hai.... What the heck man?.... All men are shit....Mein nahi toh koi aur sahi.... Ughh" She bursted.

Her blood was boiling with anger. Ahil gave her nickname to someone else, how could she let that slide. For her, it was a substitution which she despised at the moment. Though it had been ages, but she never replaced him, she used to think about him once in a while. To keep him off her mind, she also met a handful of men which her Nano had set up for her but she used to find flaws in each one of them. The truth was, Ahil always stayed with-in her, even if it was her subconscious.

----------------------

10 years ago:

Lahore, Pakistan

"Idher sy left turn lo" Ahil instructed Saba, who was on the wheel. Yes, it was time for some driving lessons and the teacher was non other than her boyfriend, Mr. Perfectly Fine Ahil.

"Keep it on the left".

"Ahil tum dar kiyoun rahay ho" Saba said, looking calm.

"Tum ny kisi ko ura wura diya toh mein kaisay tumhein jail sy bahir nikaloun ga" he teased her.