Sahil (Extended Scene)

"I don't wanna go back" She said as she looked at him.

"Neither do I.... But I hate to say this that we have to, my love" Ahil responded, gazing at her. He gently brushed his nose against hers, prompting an adorable, annoyed little pout from Saba. It seemed she wasn't thrilled about the idea of returning home.

"Yaar...." She sighed.

"Yaar...." Ahil imitated her and continued:

"We'll come back soon.... I promise" He planted a kiss on her forehead as they both gazed at the sky, wrapped in each other's arms.

 I promise" He planted a kiss on her forehead as they both gazed at the sky, wrapped in each other's arms

-------------------

Sunshine peaked through the curtains, a beautiful sunny winter morning indeed. The illuminated light filled every corner of the room, making it look even more splendid. Saba got up early, admiring her still-sleeping husband with a tender and subtle gaze.

With her gaze fixed on him, she observed the tension in his eyebrows. Drawing closer, Saba gently stroked his forehead to ease the furrow. Abruptly, Ahil's eyes opened, revealing a vacant stare. He probably had a nightmare. 

 "What happened?... Did you have a bad dream?" Saba asked softly, her hand still on his forehead.

Ahil didn't speak. He was still processing.

"It's fine.... You're okay Ahil" Saba tried to calm him down.

"You're here...." After acknowledging her presence, he touched her face with the back of his hand, as if to make sure that she was real.

"Haan I'm here.... I never moved" She guaranteed.

"Come here" He said as he pulled her in for a hug. Saba rested her head on his chest while his grip tightened around her.

"Kia dekha tha khuwab mein?" She asked.

"Kuch khaas nahi" He answered.

"Mujhe nahi batao gy?" She interlocked her fingers with his.

"It was random.... Nothing to worry about" He replied.

Saba rose and looked at him with a pissed off stare.

"Acha bata raha houn.... Aise kiyoun dekh rahi ho mujhe" He confronted as he sat up straight in the bed.

"You better" she responded.

"Apparently I was in my old room, Islamabad wala ghar.... Bohat zaida ro raha tha mein.... Mama ko bula raha tha.... Shayad tumhein bhi.... Bas yahi tha.... I don't know why I had this dream.... It was so sudd-" before he could even finish off his sentence, he saw tears in her eyes.

"Mein tumhein isi liyey nahi bata raha tha" He wiped a tear from the corner of her eye.

Saba instantly hugged him.

"Mujhe pata hona chahyay Ahil.... Tab mein tumhare saath nahi thi but now I am.... And I intend to be with you hamesha for the rest of my life." She cried.

"I'm sorry that you had to face that all alone.... I am sorry for not checking up on you.... Mein wakai mei-" She couldn't speak.

"Shhh.... Saba chup.... I don't want you to give any sort of explaination.... Jaan mein janta hun" He hushed her.

After composing herself, she asked:

"Kitni dafa aise khuwab ayein hain?.... Sach sach batana warna mein uth kar chali jaoun gi agar jhoot bola tum ny" She spoke reluctantly. She knew quite well that Ahil would choose to lie instead of worrying her.

"Umm.... Pehle ate thy.... Phir I took therapy and it helped.... also it's been quite a while since the last one-" He was interrupted.

"Last time when Ahil?" She got a little overwhelmed.

"3 months ago I think.... Laikin I promise it's getting better.... I am sleeping good, I am happy as well, I am totally fine Saba" He reassured her, who lowered her gaze now. Tucking her falling hair strands behind her ear, he titled her chin upwards so that she could look him in his eyes.

"Yakeen nahi hai meri baat par?" He asked.

She nodded.

"Ro kiyoun rahi ho phir?" He inquired in the most politest manner a man could ever ask.

"I am not making you happy as I should.... Warna ab tumhein kabhi bhi aise khuwab na aty.... Tum abhi bhi aisa feel karte ho keh mein tumhein chor kar chali jaoun gi?" She blurted.

"Pagal ho?.... Tum kidher jao gi mujhe chor kar?.... Aisa ho he na jaye" He laughed.

"Mein seriously pooch rahi houn, mazak na karo" She became flustered.

"Okay boss nahi karta mazak" He acted as if he's serious while Saba glared at him, expecting him to answer.

"Listen" He took her hands smoothly in his and continued:

"Tum yakeen karo na ya karo, but I have been the happiest since the day we got together. I am doing better in so many ways keh mein khud heraan houn keh yeh ab kaisay ho raha hai"

"For instance, I hardly slept for 4-5 hours back in those days, the doc said to get it straight, I tried but nothing worked out for me as per say, but now my sleeping pattern has improved, why? Because of you. You make my stress go away. I have said it hundreds of time pehle bhi and you know that too, right?" He asked.

"Hmm" Saba nodded.

"You've made me better Saba, in so many ways that I can't even thank you. I used to be a stupid, weird angry bird pehle.... Aur ab dekho.... Mere chehre sy muskarahat he nahi jati just because you are with me" He took a pause.

"We both suffered in the past.... We really need time to heal ourselves, it will take time but I assure you that we'll figure it out, hmm?" He hugged her because she was about to cry that very instant.

"Aur tum agar kahein chali bhi gaye toh mein hun na.... Dhoond loun ga tumhein aur I'll place a handcuff around your wrists, phir na kehna keh choro mujhe" he joked.

Saba withdrew herself from his embrace and said:

"Mein toh kahein nahi jane wali because you've already handcuffed me long ago, can't you see?" She smiled at him and kissed him quite passionately.

"I love you way way way too much" She said, making him laugh.

"I'll always love you more, hehe" He responded.

"Kabhi mujhe jeetne na dena, ajeeb" Saba narrowed her eyes.

"Iss section mein sorry you can't, baki mein I'll let you win happily" He said as he kissed her neck.

"Uff dramay.... Chalo ab uth jao" She tried to retreat from his reach but oops her bad, Ahil grabbed her wrist and pulled her into a snuggle.

"Abhi nahi please, thori dair aur" Ahil innocently requested her to stay and she did. For them, these moments were their tranquility, instances for which they felt the utmost gratitude, where their love flourished splendidly.

 For them, these moments were their tranquility, instances for which they felt the utmost gratitude, where their love flourished splendidly

(This is for you Zainab, on your request, I hope you liked it :)