Sahil (7)

Gladly they took refuge behind the sliding door so were saved.

"What the hell was that?" Saba said to herself on the first fire.

"Ahil!!!!" Saba shouted as soon as she heard the continuous gunshots. Pacing towards the deck she tripped over because of her dress. She hurt her knee, as well as got a nice big scratch on her palm. Nevertheless, she got on her feet real quick and made her way towards the deck. To her surprise, no one was there, few of the crew members came running from behind to check what had happened.

Two more gunshots.

Everyone on the deck freaked out. Saba's face went white with fear. Towards the exit, she ran. She didn't even realize the stress she had on her mind just then, as if she was going to lose, for once and for all.

When they came towards the lobby, they saw an unconscious man laying on the floor. To Saba's relief, that man was Mark. Whereas, Ahil was sitting on his knees a few meters away, applying pressure on his colleague's stomach with both of his hands. Unfortunately, the second fire had hit the officer in his belly making him lose consciousness. The crew members paged for help, a stretcher was called and the officer was taken away towards the paramedic room. Saba stood there with numb hands and feet, she couldn't function, there was so much blood on the floor that it was hard for her to digest the past few seconds.

"Saba come let's go" Ahil cried out, motioning her to tag along.

Saba came back to her senses when she heard her name from his mouth. He was alive, Ahil was okay, things were alright for now. She thought to herself as she marched towards him.

-------------------

Mark went unconscious because Ahil had hit him with his own revolver during the fight. He was under arrest. The other suspect had some how managed to escape through a life boat so Mark was all for now. On the other hand, the team waited outside the medical room as their colleague was being stabilized inside. Later the doctors informed them that though he was out of danger yet he needed complete medical assistance which was only possible in a hospital. For that purpose, a chopper was called in to get the patient out of there.

-------------------

"Ahil.... Blood" Saba partially choked.

"Hmm?" Ahil who was standing in the hallway, faced her now.

"Tumharay haath sy khoon nikal raha hai Ahil" she said while coming closer to him. She reached for his hand and said:

"You're hurt.... Take off your blazer" She sort of ordered him.

"Kuch nahi hai.... I am fi-" He tried to counter but in vain.

"I don't want to know if you are fine or not.... Just take it off" She emphasized. Saba was standing in front of him, how could he argue with her on this one, he could never, nor did he try to so he simply took off his coat.

"Yeh tum theek ho?" Saba furiously said.

"You've been shot aur keh rahay ho 'I am fine'.... Good job Mr. Hussain.... Guess some things stay the same no matter what" She continued in anger, while looking deep into his eyes. She wanted to cry so bad but had to keep herself together. This is not what she expected things to turn out. 

"Go sit in the other room while I'll look for another doctor or a nurse" She said to him, not caring for an answer she left the premises.

-------------------

Soon the doctor attended Ahil as well. Luckily, the bullet had hit him on his arm without causing a severe damage so the doctor stitched him up, covered the wound and gave him an IV.