Four

In the other side of town, Tanalya's mother, Ferelda, jolted up from her sleep. She looked around. She had never been one to have problems like this, she was usually always healthy, but ever since her only daughter had left... she didn't know what to do. She had tried her daughter's line countless times and it always went to voicemail. It took a while before she realized Tanalya had left it in her room.

She had been on a complete crying spree for days and had already called for a leave from work. She couldn't think straight. She had fallen ill many times, but the feeling she had now... she couldn't understand it. The feeling seemed to pierce through her vulnerability. She couldn't place what it was at first, but then she realized.

It was pain. Sharp pain like a knife had been pierced through her heart.

The last time she had had such a pain, Tanalya was in great danger. She took it as motherly instincts ever since then, but she hoped that she would not have to feel it ever again.

She couldn't take it anymore. She picked up her phone and called her friend who was a police officer. She knew that Tanalya wouldn't be happy about what she was about to do, but she had to do it.

"My daughter... Please find my daughter,"

Tanalya's nose perked on feeling the moist stinky drool on her face. Her eyes opened, sea green eyes now looking paler. She heard whining and she weakly diverted her eyes to the poodle on top of her.

She raised her hand and rubbed its fur, sitting up and trying to recall what had happened.

She groaned. Of course she had fainted. She was a pretty delusional person. She stared at the poodle. It seemed normal panting with its long tongue out, drool falling from its mouth. She finally realized what was on her face was drool and picked up the dog, dropping it down on the ground. She stood up and went straight into the bathroom, washing her face briskly. She sighed and stared at the shiny collar with the poodle's name. She picked it up.

"Chuck," she said out loud and wheezed. She ran a hand through her hair and looked at the poodle sitting by the door looking at her. She suddenly felt doubt. What had happened had to have happened... she didn't want to believe she was hearing voices. She squatted in front of the dog, "Chuck," it only whined, "if you can speak... it would be really cool, I don't want to seem delusional. So... say something," The dog seemed unsure and perked his head to a side as if questioning her, "I won't faint, I just want to know if I'm mad or not," she neared the creature and it remained completely still.

"You are a quirky young lady, but certainly not mad. Funny enough, you can seem to understand me, what I'm trying to say," Tanalya couldn't believe her ears. She wasn't mad. She pinched herself to make sure. She wasn't dreaming either.

She was suddenly filled with excitement. Her heart seemed to flutter yet she was shaking in fear.

"You talk!"

"Actually-"

"This is amazing! A scientific discovery! Tell me, are you the only one?" Chuck's expression was supposed to be disgusted, but it seemed worse than just that.

"No?" He didn't know if that was the kind of answer she needed.

"OH MY GOD" Tanalya was filled with so many emotions, "THIS IS SO COOL!" she laughed to herself and the dog remained clueless on what to do. She began to jump around like a tiny ballerina from one foot to the other.

She suddenly stopped and grabbed the collar, strapping it around the poodle's neck and attaching the leash. It was only a few moments before the owner of the dog was to return. When she did she would have to have walked the dog safely. She squealed. She couldn't wait to tell her discovery to the world.