Six

Sleep.

Tanalya was craving sleep. As she tiredly gave the flirtatious costumer his order, she rested on her hand and waited till he left. She glanced at the clock. She only had a few minutes before her shift was over and she was more than glad. She struggled to keep her eyes open, not even noticing the amused being in front of her.

Jokx was not expecting to see her at this side of town. It was a major red light zone and he didn't believe she would willingly risk being there really late in the night. He chuckled, knowing her, he was sure she didn't even know what red light meant.

"Hey, TG," Tanalya shot up, her cheeks immediately burning in embarrassment.

"Jokx... Hey..." she couldn't help the smile that played on her lips. She placed a hand over her face so she didn't seem like a fool for smiling so much. All sleep was gone from her eyes now and she was wide awake, "Are you going to order?" Jokx ran a hand through his hair.

"Actually, I'm looking for someone named Tanalya..." His eyes diverted to her name tag on her shirt pocket and his eyes widened.

Of course they are the same person! He thought. He spent days thinking about her yet he couldn't piece things together. He felt so dumb. TG stood for Tanalya Greenewod. She also had the exact description with the one he was given.

"Tanalya... that's me," Tanalya chuckled; oblivious to what was about to happen to her. Jokx couldn't look at her anymore. He felt so bad.

"Could you come with me then?" Tanalya shook her head with an airy laugh.

"My shift's not over, I really don't want to get fired... but, what is all this about? It isn't that creepy French lady is it?" Jokx felt he was betraying her, but he tried to calm himself either way. He hadn't accepted her friendship. He wasn't betraying her technically.

"Yes, it's about her..."

"Really... I'm sorry! I didn't mean to be rude to her!" Tanalya seemed scared, but Jokx simply turned away from her.

"You will have to apologize to her face directly," Jokx sighed, "I'll be waiting for you outside. After your shift, meet me there," Tanalya cocked her head, perplexed but shrugging it off. She diverted her attention back to the clock and counted the seconds as she tapped her finger on the counter impatiently. The second 12 am struck, she breezed out of the pub, carrying her bag on the way out. She rummaged her bag for her jacket and put it on, before raiding the place for her friend. She caught sight of him leaning on a car and as she came closer, she realized he had a half used cigarette in between his lips. By the time she had gotten to where he was standing he was letting out a puff of smoke from his mouth. He glanced at her and she waved playfully. He gestured to the car.

"Get in," He said and Tanalya raised a brow.

"Actually, I prefer walking thank you very much," He placed the cigarette between his lips again and Tanalya's cheeks began to heat up again, "I don't exactly think smoking does any good to the body... speaking randomly right now... no offence..." Jokx raised a brow and then threw down the cigar, stepping on it.

"You're right," He didn't look at her even when he raised his head, "Will you please enter the car now, and you'll be safe with me." Tanalya felt uneasy as to why he was insisting, "You don't want to leave the creepy French lady waiting do you?" Tanalya still felt uneasy. Her instincts were rising, but she still made a step for the car before eventually entering it. Jokx sighed and slipped into the driver's seat. He started up the car and glanced at her.

"So where are we going?" Jokx didn't answer to that, "Seriously..."

"Are you scared?"

"Well, it is logical to be right now. Where are you taking me?" Tanalya made to open the door, but Jokx locked it and drove out of the tiny parking lot like a crazy guy, "Jokx!"