7: Just A Feeling

"We? We need to talk."

It was two days after the... interesting event.

Louis had thought about everything and decided to go for it and take the advice his friends had given him.

Harry was noticably suprised by this, noticing how Louis had turned a bit softer towards him, trying to open up a bit more.

Harry thought it was sweet, but he would never admit he loved teasing Louis, even though it was never his intension to make Louis feel bad or confused but he could read his facial expressions like a open book and knew from what he had seen from Louis he would handle it and manage, so he didn't feel too bad and would never have done it if he thought the sensitive but sweet boy would get too much on his plate.

"Talk?" Louis was silent as he pulled on Harry's hand, the boy almost stumbling as he tried to keep his balance.

The boy sure had a strong grip, but then again he was a dancer after all.

"Are you deaf? Want me to spell it out for you? Talk indeed." Louis softly smiled and was glad when Harry got the joke and returned the smile and let Louis lead the way.

"Let your body talk, baby." Harry joked and Louis gulped but rolled his eyes. "No thank you, don't want to be trapped again by long leg Harry."

Harry shook his head as he looked around, not knowing where they were going but noticing they went into the direction of outside.

"What a shame, and that name was so uncalled for."

"You're uncalled for." Harry just grinned, not really having a comeback for that one.

"You're a handfull, you know that?" Louis stopped for a second.

"You want to swim with the ducks? Think it would suit just as well as me with your hoodie on, wanna try? Will throw you in the pond any chance I get."

Harry felt the adrenaline going through his body as the smile never left his lips. He wanted to tell more jokes and say more, just to see Louis laugh and smile more, even though it meant he was roasted or sassed out.

"Won't ever say no to a fresh dive in the early morning." They were now outside and it looked like they were heading towards the park nearby the dorms.

"Don't challenge me, and by the way I'm not a handfull, I'm..." he scratched his chin. "I'm special."

Harry picked up the pace and tried to stay at Louis's side, not wanting to be tugged along by Louis.

What a sight would it have been though, the dancer pulling along his teacher as they bickered and smiled.

Harry didn't care about the stares they could and if possible Louis cared even less, not hesitating and pulling on his wrist harder when he wanted Harry to hurry up, making sure not to hurt him though.

"Especially interesting indeed, quite the charmer as well." Harry nodded to himself, proud of the comeback and the way of simply but effectively describing Louis.

He noticed Louis's cheeks turn a light shade of pink and damn, Harry wanted to see that more often and capture that moment to forever keep it and not just only as a memory in his head and heart.

Louis already managed to get a place into his heart, taking a piece and playing with it, testing the water, which was a understatement and alright since the boy was new and had a whole dream and trying to achieve and succeed, probably not prepared for hurricane Harry crossing paths with him, and certainly not with feelings looking around the corner like this.

Harry was kinda grateful he did and was glad he was careful, it showed Louis took a risk but thought it through, looking what his options were.

For Harry every option was alright if it meant he could get to know Louis more and maybe even take him out someday, but he wasn't prepared for the fact Louis could beat him to that.

"I want to take you out." He blurted out once they were seated on a bench next to a playground in the middle of a park.

"Huh?" Harry couldn't believe what he just heard, was he dreaming?

"Are you sure you're not actually deaf? I'm not going to say it again fella, too bad." Harry pulled him into a hug, not knowing what to do and acting on impulse.

Louis's body tensed but soon relaxed into the boy's embrace, trying to not squint his eyes as Harry's curls were tickling his skin.

"I mean I would love to, but why all of a sudden have you decided this?" Harry mumbled against his shoulder, Louis tightning his grip on Harry's waist as he slowly moved his arms to his lower back.

He then pulled away, not really used to thir nor knowing what to do but surely feeling the loss of contact and immediately missing it.

He smiled at Harry as he fiddled with his fingers, normally not the type to be nervous.

"I eh- I felt like I wasn't acting fair to the both of us, I just- I kind of like you and want to get to know you and I'm not going to talk about everything right now but I'm just a bit... new to this? Not hesitant though but I thought about it and yea." That was all Harry needed to hear and he for a second grabbed Louis's hand and held it in his, giving it a gentle squeeze.

"It's alright, we will go at your pace, but the feeling is mutual and don't worry, just make sure to try and communicate and discuss it."

Louis nodded and felt as if a weight had lifted off his shoulders, feeling instant relieve with every word Harry spoke.

"Thanks." Louis managed to get out and rubbed his thumb on the back of Harry's hand for a second before pulling away, both staring at each other happily and enjoying each other's company and presence.

Labels, we tend to give people one. Teacher and student, Harry and Louis, we're human and equal, and this felt right and good and felt like it never needed to be stopped, the last feeling in line, a feeling that never came above the surface.

--

Hiya!

School starts again tomorrow, well my training at the nursery does, excited to see the kiddo's again!

Well I'm going very fast through this story as of writing it, so more updates coming soon! I noticed it isn't as popular as I expected it to be but that's alright!

Catch ya soonnn

-Nati🦋