27: Moving On

The next weeks Zayn and Louis had been meeting up often, trying to regain strength in Louis his muscles so that he could eventually start walking again.

It probably would take years to walk again like he used to, but even a few steps would make a difference when he marries Harry.

He didn't really care about walking like he used to, he only thinks about Harry's face and cute smile when he sees him standing and walking a few steps, but knew Harry wouldn't love him less if that never happened.

So Zayn had been picking up Louis every other day when Harry was at work, Louis telling Harry that he was just hanging out with the boys and just enjoying life, and Harry of course supported that and was glad Louis wasn't as upset at he was before.

They were picking up pieces and moving on, stronger then before and ready for what would be coming their way.

All that mattered is that Harry loved Louis, and Louis loved Harry.

"It seems like you're getting stronger in your legs, good job lad!"

Louis grinned. "I can tell! I feel a bit more in my legs but not ready to stand up yet I think."

Zayn hummed. "Wanna try? I can hold you up, won't let you fall."

Louis hesitated but trusted Zayn so nodded.

Zayn stood in front of him. "Ready?"

Louis sighed. "Ready as I will ever be."

Zayn hooked his arms under Louis his armpits and lifted him up, Louis clinging onto Zayn's shoulders for support.

"You don't have to go all the way, just try and see what you feel and how it goes," Zayn told him and Louis was silent, concentrating.

It felt odd, his feet were on the ground and the feeling was weird, as if he would trip and fall over any moment.

Zayn held him up though, making sure to reassure Louis it was all good.

After some time Zayn helped his mate get back in the wheelchair again, which had been painted black and white a couple of days ago by Harry and the boys.

"I'm so proud of you, lou!"

Louis smiled. "Thanks lad, it went better than expected!"

Zayn ran to the kitchen and came back with some cupcakes. "Let's celebrate! I can't wait to see Harry's reaction!"

Louis chuckled. "Me neither."

——

Liam and Niall came home sometime later and were hella proud as well, making Louis feel very supportive.

Harry went and picked him up after his shift and they were all having a hard time keeping the secret, but Harry was so in love and dazzled by Louis his smile that he didn't notice anything, the boys were almost always happy after all.

"How was your day, love?" Louis asked Harry when they arrived at home.

"Good! How was yours?"

Louis made some tea for the both of them. "It was fun! Nice to hang out with the boys, we should really have a movie night soon."

Harry agreed. "Yes! Glad you had a great day, I love to see you smile," he pecked Louis his cheek.

Louis handed him a cuppa. "So, tell me more about yours."

Harry thought for a moment. "We did a lyrical routine today, we're performing next month actually, I made sure to get tickets for you and the boys to watch as well."

Louis cheered. "That's amazing! I would love to, hazz."

Harry smiled, his dimples showing.

Louis was a sucker for those dimples.... Well, for Harry in general.

"Wanna come with me tomorrow? Get a sneak peak? For your eyes only.

Louis made a kissy face and Harry pecked his lips.

"Of course! I can't wait to see what the routine is! You probably thought of something wonderful, I know you longer than today."

Harry smiled. "You know me too well, that's why you are going to see some of them tomorrow, but not all."

Louis frowned. "Why?"

Harry ran a hand through his hair. "It's a surprise, you will see it next month, love."

Louis was satisfied with that and hummed, making his way to the couch and yelling a 'what are we gonna watch?'

Harry adored his lover as he watched him go into the livingroom, excited for what was yet to come.

Because little did Louis know, they had both planned a surprise for each other...

——

More updates soon, lovelies! <3