26: Adjusting and Adorable

"I'm so proud of you for getting that job, we should celebrate it!" Louis calls out, reaching out to his boyfriend and giving him a big hug.

Harry shrugged. "I mean it's teaching dance to teenagers but I guess it's fine for now."

Louis rolled his eyes. "I love it! You're continuing doing what you love and I can even come and watch you from time to time!"

Harry smiled and pecked Louis' lips. "That indeed sounds great, babe. Let's go down the street and get a cuppa with some cake!"

Louis cheered and went to get his coat and shoes while Harry did the same.

"Wanna take the car or go for a walk?" He asked, knowing Louis hated the stares he always got when they were out and not in the car.

He thought for a moment. "Let's go for a walk, I need to learn to care less about what others think, as long as they don't look at get all your handsomeness," he winked and Harry licked his lips.

"Would worry more about you, to be honest. Maybe we should just stay in and-"

"Hazz we got the whole day and I feel like having cake, can get freaky soon enough,"
He giggled and Harry was beaming, he loved this boy so much.

——

After they had enjoyed some chocolate cake and a cuppa (and of course some other activities...) the boys asked if they wanted to come over so they agreed went over there.

Liam had recently kind of moved in with Zayn and Niall just tagged along, the boys still a bit frightened about what had happened and it was a great chance for Liam and Zayn to find out what life has in store for them.

"Hello boys, how is it going?" Zayn gently smacked Louis against the head, Louis wheeling over his feet.

He loved this, no one here treating him differently...

"We're good! Got some cake to celebrate the fact that I got a job again as a dance teacher!"

Liam heard this from the other room and hugged Harry. "Congrats lad! Queen Louis needs more clothes!" He laughed and Louis grinned.

"I mostly steal his hoodies but indeed," he winked and Harry caressed his cheek, admiring his beautiful boy like there was no one around them.

"Oi I ordered pizza, gonna eat it all if you don't stop the lovey dovey shit!" Niall called out from the other room and Louis sped to the room he was in, tackling Niall into a hug.

"Loulou! I missed youuuu!" He cried out.

Louis rolled his eyes. "You have seen me two days ago, ni." He giggled.

Niall wiped away fake tears. "Still too long, it ain't fair that ya'll are so couple kissing stuff."

They all laughed and digged in while catching up and talking about random things, since they saw each other every day there wasn't much to catch up on and eventually played fifa on Liam's playstation.

"Tommo you're gonna get it!" Liam yelled, smashing the buttons.

"The guy isn't even running! Even I can go faster with the wheeler!"

Zayn spoke up. "We should give it a name, a fun one, any thoughts?"

Harry and Niall started a discussion about the name of Louis his wheelchair.

"Mr. Mittens is a name for a kitten! Not a wheelchair Harry!"

"Well your Bob wasn't good either!"

Louis smiled as he listened to the conversation and glanced at Zayn, who motioned him to come with him, Liam now also joining in about the name discussion.

Louis followed him and looked back to see that the others didn't even notice the two were leaving the room.

They went outside and sat on the porch, staring at the night sky.

Zayn lit up a ciggy and offered Louis one, who gladly accepted.

He took a drag and spoke up. "You wanted to talk, didn't you?"

The smoke surrounded them as Zayn looked at Louis and patted his back.

"You're doing good lou, I've never seen anybody this strong and positive in this situation, and never seen Harry happier than with you, he really loves you."

Louis nodded. "I was scared to lose him just like he was scared to have that with me, but I'm glad it wasn't too late to say that I love him, we were both stubborn and having fun, deep down always knowing we love each other."

Zayn hummed. "Harry always went crazy when you would go out on dates, messing up his room and me having to clean it and buy chocolates for you, even made me go back one time because 'these weren't your favorite'."

Louis chuckled. "I imagine, I had the same with Liam and Niall, we had to go to Starbucks so much just to see Harry that eventually they started to dislike the coffee, but it was never about that in the first place, it always is and was about Harry."

Zayn smiled as he pulled Louis in for a hug. "You two will make it, we should have these kind of talks more often."

Louis threw away the cigarette that was left. "Deal, you're a good one pal. But one other thing, zee..."

Zayn ran a hand through his hair and nodded.

"I know in the future we're going to marry, and I need you to help me surprise him, I want to walk to him when I say 'I do'. I want to be closer to him again, or we need to cut off those long, clumsy legs."

They both laughed.

Zayn smiled. "I think we can make that first one happen, it's a deal."

"Appreciate you zee."

"Same goes for you, lou."